 Trains / 16400
Re: Doubts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 11 May 2002 23:48:54 GMT

"Pedro Silva" <el_gordo@netc.pt> wrote in message
news:GvyzEI.Dps@lugnet.com...
Hi all,

I have missed some of the latest news about the SFSC, and now I have a few
doubts...
#1 - When did the Limited 10000 copies sold out?

In the US they were gone about a month ago as I recall, not sure about
Europe.

#2 - What *exactly* are the different parts? Only the number tag?

The only difference is an additional bag that contains two tiles, one with
the LEGO logo on it, the other with the Axxxx unique number and a
certificate of authenticity.

#3 - Is "27" the default number for the "unlimited" SFSC?

There are two number stickers, 27 is one of them, the other is a 300 series
number, I don't recall the exact number.

#4 - Is it possible to keep the "gray wheel thingies" when motorizing one
unit?

Yes, the kit provides grey versions of the side plate for the motor.

This part:  http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=2871

#5 - Would I be able to build a "B-unit" with a single extra A-unit?
(modified, evidently)

No, you need two kits in order to build a proper B unit.  Actually, you may
need three.  It seems that from the images I have seen you need three pair
(total of six) of the grey version 1x2x2 clear panel with the circular
window printed on it.  You may be better off buying just this part off of
BrickLink.  They are pricey but cheaper than buying a whole kit if those are
the only parts you want.

I would much appreciate any help on this. I have just ordered one, and I • am
now thinking of customizing it a bit to overcome its lack of • "uniqueness"...
;-)

Pedro (somewhat sad for having missed the LimEd)

You can also buy LE tile sets on BrickLink - look around, several sellers
have them.

Mike

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?u=mpw - Brick Depot