 Trains / 15863 (-100)
  Re: Super Chiefs all gone?

(...) OK, then I should have said: Sometimes, at the utter discretion and whimsy of the person answering the phone at S@H, you can order 3 more after your initial order. It worked for me today. (23 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

(...) Oops. No offense meant to any of the other memorials, or to the people that are memorialized therein. I misquoted, and I believe a more accurate statement would be that Liberty Memorial is the only "national monument" for WWI (URL) dedication (...) (23 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan)

  Re: How to make a plow!?

(...) That looks to be a possiblity! Josh (gonna go raid K-Mart soon, ours here is closing, gotta see if I can grab ANYTHING cheep) (23 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: how to do a cow-catcher for my American class 4-4-0 Steam Locomotive?

(...) You could always build one out of roof peak slopes, like I did on my christmas train: (URL) (23 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chiefs all gone?

(...) Nope. They are checking agianst all orders. I tried to order 2 more (after my initial 4) and was rejected. Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 (23 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to make a plow!?

Josh, Check this nose for the SFSC out: (URL) you can find the same pieces in black in one of the new Alpha Team or Ogel sets, the front 2 might serve.... Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 (23 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: how to do a cow-catcher for my American class 4-4-0 Steam Locomotive?

(...) Hey, John... Nice use of tires for the smokestack!! I haven't seen that before, and it looks very nice! Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 (23 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train motor repair-9v

I also sent an email to Lego S@H. I did not receive a direct response, but yesterday I received a replacement motor, free of charge. Great service! (23 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

i don't respond to hardly any MOC posts, maybe 1 or 2 in all the time i've been lurking on lugnet. but this...... this is probably one of the most beautifully designed buildings made out of LEGO i have ever seen. even though it is modeled after the (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan)

  Re: Santa Fe distribution pattern

M. Moolhuysen wrote: <snipped> (...) The three I purchased have the numbers A6117, A6293 and A6406. Grahame Christchurch, New Zealand (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chiefs all gone?

In lugnet.trains, Troy Cefaratti writes: ... (...) It appears that if you placed an order before the limit was put in place, you can still order 3 more. Cary (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to make a plow!?

(...) Thanks for the posts so far! I haveone nit pick though, both this, & Wayne's suggestion a ways back end up being a bit big. This ends up being 10 wide (it was in that one Artic set, I tried it to:-P), & Wayne's ends up being tall. I've dug (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: how to do a cow-catcher for my American class 4-4-0 Steam Locomotive?

Darn, I was hoping no one from LUCNY was going to catch this one, OH well.... Here's the Cow Catcher and all its Glory.... (URL) to give you an idea on how its put together I tried taking some of the pieces off. I used the hinges and offset 1x2 and (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: how to do a cow-catcher for my American class 4-4-0 Steam Locomotive?

Darn, I was hoping no one from LUCNY was going to catch this one, OH well.... Here's the Cow Cater and all its Glory.... (URL) to give you an idea on how its put together I tried taking some of the pieces off. I used the hinges and offset 1x2 and (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: how to do a cow-catcher for my American class 4-4-0 Steam Locomotive?

Well, Wayne, guess the cat's out of the bag, no more surprise @ the meeting. :) Jonathan, though Wayne's design is much superior to mine, I thought you might appreciate my cow catcher as well... (URL) Rudy In Lugnet.trains, Wayne Sardullo tapped out (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to make a plow!?

The plows are also called cow-catchers (their original function) and I use 2 of these parts to create mine on my Galloping Goose Paul S (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: how to do a cow-catcher for my American class 4-4-0 Steam Locomotive?

Well I was going to wait until Friday to start posting new picts of my "Blue Baron 4-8-4 SteamLoco" but, after the request of that cow catcher I couldn't resist to give out a teaser. While I have some other details I am working on with the train I (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: how to do a cow-catcher for my American class 4-4-0 Steam Locomotive?

(...) Very nice!! I like it! Would love to see more photos of this!\ Jake --- Jake McKee AFOL LUGNET Member #211 (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: how to do a cow-catcher for my American class 4-4-0 Steam Locomotive?

Here you go.. (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to make a plow!?

Yeah, that's the piece. It's skinny enough that you might be able to put a couple at an angle in front of the train - I think that's what train plows look like? JB (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to make a plow!?

"John Barnes" <barnes@sensors.com> wrote in message news:Gt9wLF.1LF@lugnet.com... (...) radar (...) if (...) more (...) I think you are referring to this piece: (URL) was my initial thought to a possible solution when I read the original post. Mike (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to make a plow!?

The Blockade Runner model uses a thing a lot like a plow blade as it's radar antenna. I haven't managed to figure out what the part number is yet. But if you look really closely at the pics of the model, you'll see it on top more or less in the (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  how to do a cow-catcher for my American class 4-4-0 Steam Locomotive?

I am currently building an American class 4-4-0 Steam Locomotive and am stuck on how best to do the cow-catcher (I think thats what its called anyway, its the grille thing on the front at the bottom) Also, if anyone has any links to places with (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chiefs all gone?

(...) I agree! It's really not much of a Limited Edition if there's another run, simply without the numbered tiles and certificate. The certificate didn't even have the numbers printed on it, so what's it worth in the long run really? Obviously, (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to make a plow!?

I modified one of my test plows for a town truck, this looks a tad corny but, I think this might get you in the direction you want to go. The biggest problem I found was how thin and small could you make it while still make it look like a plow. Its (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chiefs all gone?

(...) Clearly the moral to the story is don't get married ever again. Kerry (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chiefs all gone?

(...) It's probably easier to swap our LUGnet numbers for our SuperChief numbers :-) Kerry (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Even Youngsters add to the quality of Lugnet....

(...) I would/am... if only I had more than 10 windows(bulk pack) and no train doors. )-: Still, they are interesting.. and I find train to be the most demanding theme. I've been experimenting alot with SNOT, (you have to when you can't find more (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.vic)

  Re: How to make a plow!?

(...) Yup thats it! Josh (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chiefs all gone?

(...) To quote a toyota ad...B****R [censored to suit seppo tastes :) ] I get back from a supposedly non-lego honey-moon, prepare myself to order one...and they're all gone :( At least the boss will be happy :) Benjamin Whytcross [Who has an (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Town Building Contest: voter registration now open

If you would like to vote in the Town Building contest, please read the Voting page at (URL) follow the instructions. Voting will be open from 00:01 PST Friday March 22nd, to midnight PST on Sunday March 31st. Between now and Friday, when voting (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general)

  Re: How to make a plow!?

Hey Josh, Some clarity on that loco pilot plow... Are you referring to the small plow on the front of diesels say about 2- 2.5 feet tall and train width wide that sits just in front of the lead wheels? If so I have got something that might work for (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  more GMLTC layout pictures

Here are a few more pictures of our current 'in progress' layout, taken last weekend in La Crosse, Wisconsin. Highlights include Rickey's Coca-Cola truck, Bill's cactus, the wild rave party on a building roof (complete with DJ team), Thomas meeting (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  How to make a plow!?

After MANY, MANY, MANY tries I still have not managed to build a good looking Loco Pilot plow! Has anyone suceeded? I need it 8 wide, my most recent tries were 10 & 6 wide:-(... Don't ask for me to outline my tries, if you suggest it I'll say (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chiefs all gone?

(...) I'm happy with the 2 I purchased - but will probably buy more non-numbered ones (assuming they will be available). Though I'd probably be interested in swapping a number packet for A0469 (my Lugnet number) if it becomes available. ROSCO (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chiefs all gone?

I called US Shop-At-Home this morning and they verified for me that they are still on thier initial shipment of Super Chiefs, meaning that they are the Limited Edition ones. They are limiting orders to 3 per person. As I have already purchased 24, (...) (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Attn: John E. Jones

I noticed that you have received Sante Fe 10020 #A0377. That happens to be my Lugnet membership number. I would like to see if you would trade me that number (the little package with numbered tile and certificate) for a lower number (#A0354). Thank (...) (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chiefs all gone?

(...) I, for one, will be glad to purchase sets without the number tile. While I'm glad it helped spur interest in buying the Super Chief, I don't think it will mean much in the future as far as value. I think the set stands on it's own. The limited (...) (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

(...) Your definition of "memorial" must be a lot more restricted than mine, because lots of towns and cities have memorials to the local men and boys who died in the "Great War"... --Bill. (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan)

  Re: New MOCs, some entries for the TOWN Contest

(...) Proving therefore it's your numbering skills rather than my spotting skills that are at fault. :-) Steve (I once built an SD90MAC but it never got wheels) Lane (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Wow!

Wow! What an amazing model. At first I didn't believe my eyes when I opened the little thumbnail at brickshelf. I wish I had that many tiles. But the downpart is, that using this many tiles you don't see a lot of studs anymore, which should be (...) (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan)

  Re: Super Chiefs all gone?

It already looks like 6 have been sold on Bricklink. Prices range from $55 to $150(!): (URL) A =+= Have you explored Arthur’s Seat yet? (URL) reasonable man adapts himself to suit his environment. An unreasonable man persists in attempting to adapt (...) (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chiefs all gone?

Sure sounds like it.. Wonder what the largest single order of them was before they brought in the 3 per order limit? How many did everyone order? I purchased 4.. -- Jason King LugNet #665 Deidre Rushton Brumby <drb@tasmail.com> wrote in message (...) (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  239 ideas book

Now that the scans are back on brickshelf I has been browsing for the first time. My attention was taken by the 239 ideas book (its german but mainly pictures) There are some amazing images and models in ther, especially when you consider the (...) (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Super Chiefs all gone?

Looks like we're through the limited edition run of Super Chiefs, at least originating in Europe. Yesterday it was listed as backordered, ship within 30 days but still with the limited edition description. Today it says Ship by 24 April, and the (...) (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics: 8 wide Super Chief cars

great work John! It also looks like we know who cornered the market in gray roundtop bricks and 1x2x2 clear thinwalls ;) -c (...) (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

(...) Compression was one of the more challenging constraints. One of the most endearing traits of TLC official sets (to me) is their ability to suggest an actual structure without actually needing to model all of it in scale. (Their old passenger (...) (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan)

  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

(...) Unfortunately, I have never been on a train, and even worse, they have threatened to remove funding for the three Amtrak lines still in service near Union Station here in KC. I have until July to catch a train ride before they potentially go (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan)

  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

(...) There is still a lot of 2002 left, and "greatest", like beauty, is always in the eye of the beholder - but I sincerely appreciate the compliment! I really liked your Desert Express as well as the Riviera, so I had imagined them stopping at (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan)

  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

(...) I tried to change this on "Edit Profile" but nothing seems to happen. Can anyone help? Anyway, it's markhchan@comcast.net, or try markchan@sprintmail.com My ISP (@home) got bought out by Comcast and switched domains this month. Thanks! Mark (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan, lugnet.admin.general)

  Cheers to Lego Shop At Home!

I placed my order for a Super Chief via the website on a Thursday night and received it the following Monday. Cheers to Shop at Home for quick shipment! I had read about the wrong color parts so I knew that I would have to get the correct parts. (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

(...) Congratulations on the completion of such a magnificent model. I'm dazzled! (...) Good luck for this second part, Mark - I can't wait to see it done! Pedro (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan)

  Re: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

(...) announce It was sure worth the time! (...) real (...) The winner I guess? The roof is something special, but I find the detailed walls with the big windows something amazing too. (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan)

  Re: Pics: 8 wide Super Chief cars

(...) And shudder you should! Although on my personal layout I only utilize a curve-straight-curve...raight-etc turns, on the uncompleted GMLTC layout the curves are tight (essentially the line is currently a dog bone) and my cars *literary* made (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOCs, some entries for the TOWN Contest

(...) Thanks! UP #3537 is actually a SD40-2: (URL) the SD40 has 12 wheels and my model has only 8. That would make it more like a GP40: (URL) I should just renumber my loco? ;-) TJ (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOCs, some entries for the TOWN Contest

(...) Thanks! I just let my imagination go and had fun. I hadn't built anything like that in years, and I enjoyed doing it. (...) That was just a last minute addition! I put 1x16 Technic beams under the tracks and then connected 1x4 plates to the (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics: 8 wide Super Chief cars

(...) though? :-) (URL) shudder to think what these beauties look like on curves though. Nice work, thanks for sharing. And that PA of yours looks sweet too. :-) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

Mark, Perfect station! Awesome. Brings back a flood of memories for me. This is the place that I fell in love with trains. 3 and 4 years old I was, took the Amtrak from Union Station to Texas when I was 3. Then, at age 4, took Amtrak's Chief (not (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan)

  Pics: 8 wide Super Chief cars

The GMLTC just had a show in La Crosse, Wisconsin this past weekend, and I finished some Super Chief cars to run at the show. I also completed 2 B units (but forgot to photograph them up closely, but hey, they're just boring B units anyway;-) I'll (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

Mark, Is your e-mail address markhchan@home.com? I tried to send you mail and it bounced... SteveB (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan)

  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

(...) Congratulations, Mark! You have created a very pleasing and innovative MOC here! Well done! Among your original techniques I noticed and enjoyed the most is your method of compression. I know that when constructing large buildings in the (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan)

  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

(...) <snip> (...) The only word that comes to mind is "stunning!" Great details, great shape, great building techniques, great 'feel' for the real thing. Now, all you need is a vendor selling Kansas City BBQ, and it would be perfect! JohnG, GMLTC - (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan)

  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

(...) I'm very impressed with the level of detail and the cleanness of the non-90-degree construction. The roof is very cool, and threatens the uniquness of my "macro structures" building technique :-) Very nicely done! Amy (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan)

  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

(...) Thanks for that! I have to confess that in this case a picture is worth 1000 words though, your explanation makes a lot more sense when viewed with the constructon detail pics. What a neat technique! Can you see the underside of the tiles that (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan)

  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

(...) Droool.... Very nice! I think this is better than miniland b/c it is built with the same amt of detail in a much smaller scale. Congrats on a great model. Jonathan (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan)

  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

(...) Mark, I am completely amazed at how your project turned out. Simply beautiful. I'd love to see this in person to "look under the hood" and learn from your techniques. Also, have you thought about contacting the promotion department of the NLUS (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan)

  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

(...) B unit.... cars are unpowered and a B unit is (in real life, although you may not power your model) a locomotive in its own right. Hope that helps. (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

Hi Mark, absolutly stunning! Probably the greatest MOC of 2002? I really love this station, even if it is located in the US, my Riviera Express is looking for a stop at this fantastic station ;-) The SNOT roof is suberb build, thanks for the details (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan)

  Re: New MOCs, some entries for the TOWN Contest

(...) Nice GP40 T.J, slighly stubby looking but looks great :-). Steve (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

Mark- Simply spectacular! -Ted Michon SCLTC Irvine, CA (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

(...) I just posted some construction pics on the roof. I haven't used LDraw, and probably won't take the model apart too much to photograph it, but I will try and get some other photos up to show some of the techniques. (...) Thanks! (...) I look (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

(...) Thanks for the comments! I posted some pictures in a construction folder that should give a good idea on how to build the roofs. (URL) think of it as a vertical wall of bricks, except that every 1 and 2/3 of a brick in height, you add a layer (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan)

  Re: New MOCs, some entries for the TOWN Contest

(...) These had a sort of "Wild west meets Carneval" feel to them. Nice. (...) Nice Warrens, but believe it or not, I'm diggin' that plate girder approach bridge even more! (...) Great work! looks great on the bridge too. (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

Beautiful! Just beautiful! -- Bob Fay THE SHOP (URL) Chan" <markhchan@home.com> wrote in message news:Gt58xn.F8M@lugnet.com... (...) announce (...) real (...) Chan (...) largest (...) build (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan)

  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

I haven't been on this list for that long now, but this is a simply amazing model. The detail is magnificent and the roof is superb. I only wish I had half the talent required to build this masterpiece. I know it would probably be quite a bit to ask (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

(...) Thank you for the compliment! Miniland is IMO the highest standard of detailed construction, although they get to use things we mortals could never get our hands on, even with BrickLink. (like several hundred of those 4 scoop white ice cream (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan)

  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

(...) Um... I'm speechless. Almost. :-) This minifig scale building rivals the detail and look of some of Miniland's finest. IIRC the KC US is still standing, not too far away from Crown Center, and is now a museum. The real station is kind of at a (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan)

  New MOCs, some entries for the TOWN Contest

I've been pretty busy lately. The following represents about two months of work and it's all stuff I built for the recent TEXLUG meeting. For the 2002 TOWN contest: D Large buildings (URL) Row Buildings 3 small connected office buildings. N Bridges (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic, lugnet.org.us.texlug) !

  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

I find myself looking for adjectives to describe this model. Simply outstanding! Any detail you could give on the roof construction would be greatly appreciated. I am always looking for ways to build roofs without slopes. TIA, Robert Powell (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan)

  MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

After 3 years of planning and 6 months of building, I am pleased to announce the completion of the main section of Union Station, modeled after the real building in Kansas City, MO. This is also my entry for the 2002 Town Building Contest C (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan) !!

  Re: Mountain Town - A train module experiment

When we setup for the jackson street roundhouse, unload and setup ran about 3-4 hours with 8 people. Mostly a lot of standing around however because it was our first time putting it together. -john3 (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.build)

  Oh no! It's the poster guy again!

Yes boys and girls, it is I. At (URL) you will find the 10020 poster (with stickers/decals and sadly with grey wheels (it's a LGEO thing)) and at (URL) a first "rough" of a 10020 advert... Have a nice weekend. (I know I will cos it's my birthday and (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mountain Town - A train module experiment

(I messed with the thread to point it to .org and make other NGs less noisy) (...) Well, we just happen to have a show this weekend-- I'll time it and get back to you:-) -John (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: International LegoTrain Auctions

(...) I figured out why my search results have changed. ebay changed the way their system does a search. Go to Smart Search, then select the Advanced Search tab. In the lower right there is a box that is checked by default that searches English (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train motor repair-9v

I used a clean rag with some CRC brand CO2 solvent sprayed on it. It's safe with plastics and is used to clean electronics etc. It leaves no residue.... Some other Lugnetters have suggested Methylated Spirits ... Whatever you use, test it on a (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: sfsc b-unit, here is mine

(...) Hi Matt, thanks! Building 2 copies of my b-unit will take 4 copies of set 10020 + 2 additional copies of these panes trans-clear with porthole light gray. I too think that some of the parts you need you get only with set 10020 (light gray (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mountain Town - A train module experiment

(...) Thanks! (...) Yes, you're right. I ought to build some nice little trolley or something for that upper loop. That's a very good idea. The Metroliner was simply a 'train of convenience', if you know what I mean. It was handy when I was taking (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.build)

  Re: Mountain Town - A train module experiment

(...) That IS cool. I can't wait to see what they come up with. I am looking forward to more great ideas on how to make interesting layouts w/o the loss of flexibility and huge brick requirement. (...) Yes, this is partly the case. However, in (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.build)

  Re: MOC Grain Hopper

"Steve Barile" <steve.e.barile@intel.com> wrote in message news:Gszprw.5zp@lugnet.com... (...) Not at all. It took some work to get the gaps in the ends and top to be minimized. Dean (...) the (...) order, (...) Kevin (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Trains Talk From Brickswest Slides Posted?

Hi, I was wondering if the slides from the PNLTC talk on Saturday morning at BricksWest were up somewere? Thanks, Mark (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track Designer Parts Library?

(...) Trains is as good a place as any, and there was a thread in lugnet.cad as well... but the subgroup probably isn't ideal. TD files and LD files have no relationship whatever so you would not get updates to your TD registry by installing new LD (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad)

  MOC train cars and loco

Hi everyone, Finally, I found the way to post pics and put them in sort of order. Here is some pics of my latest creations. Unfortunately, the quality of the pics aren't the best but they give you a good idea of what it is. Here are them all: (URL) (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC Grain Hopper

Nice job! I really like the rubberband idea. Thanks for sharing that one. Hope you don't mind me borrowing that one so I can finally finish mine. :) SteveB (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  MOC Grain Hopper

At long last, after over a year of planning, I present to you all, for the first time, my version of the Grain Hopper! (sans decals [They are on order, Government of Canada Grain Hopper!]) (URL) had originally dismissed using the 1/4 curve pieces (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train motor repair-9v

What do you recommend for cleaning the track? (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Track Designer Parts Library?

OK, so I have exhumed my copy of Track Designer, and find that I don't seem to have the latest parts library. Do I download the latest Ldraw library and expand it into my TD directory? Does anyone have a current (i.e. monorail & baseplates) library (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Town Building Contest: entries close midnight PST Sunday 17th March

Last call for entries!!! The Town Building Contest closes on Sunday 17th March, at midnight Pacific Time. I'm eagerly awaiting all your breathtaking creations! Go to: (URL) read the rules and enter. I will post voter registration info and rules on (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Track Designer Registry

(...) I don't think it is anything to worry about. We (well I am anyway) waiting for Matt and/or Leonardo to sort out the source code, then as a group we should decide what to do with it. Sourceforge sounds like a good idea, we just need to work out (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  My site is back from the dead!

Some of you may have noticed that my site has been down for a couple of days. My web provider lost my entire site along with all the related goodies (mail accounts, server settings). I've restored all the website data, but from the "working" copy. (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Mountain Town - A train module experiment

wow great work, very good ideas. How about a tram (or streetcar as Americans call it) instead of the metroliner on the upper oval? That would be perfect! Kim Toll <kim.toll@intel.com> wrote in message news:GsxBpx.J1C@lugnet.com... (...) module. (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.build)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact