 Trains / 15810
Re: Pics: 8 wide Super Chief cars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 20:40:43 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:
The GMLTC just had a show in La Crosse, Wisconsin this past weekend, and
I finished some Super Chief cars to run at the show.  I also completed 2
B units (but forgot to photograph them up closely, but hey, they're just
boring B units anyway;-)

I'll take some more shots later, but here are a few taken on the GMLTC
layout:

Nice... I think my fave is this shot of the bobtail... Where's the drumhead,
though? :-)

I shudder to think what these beauties look like on curves though.

And shudder you should!  Although on my personal layout I only utilize a
curve-straight-curve-straight-etc turns, on the uncompleted GMLTC layout the
curves are tight (essentially the line is currently a dog bone) and my cars
*literary* made 90 degree angles to each other in them!  But they look suweet
on the straight-away:-)

Nice
work, thanks for sharing. And that PA of yours looks sweet too. :-)

When I actually make a PA, it will solve all of your confusion;-)

-John