 Trains / *26615 (-100)
  Re: Frank's first LEGO train set has been a 111

(...) Ben, I've done some further research - I just placed some scans of my 1968 Samsonite catalog online here: (URL) don't think that 100 or 103 were available in the USA so I'm still guessing 107 was the motorized set. Also interesting that 115 (...) (20 years ago, 28-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Train Hobby growing... comments? - 'Trad' landscape modelling

(...) Thanks Matt, and good luck with your proposed 'trad' modelling. It is a lot of fun. Of course I agree with previous mails about the impracticality of this method in terms of portability and modularity ... but on the other hand it does refresh (...) (20 years ago, 27-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Town & Train Display - Festival of Trees Pictures & Report - MichLUG

(2 URLs) This was our second year working with the Festival of Trees. This is a long show for us, with the display being up for a little over a week. Rather than decorating a tree, like we did last year, this year we made up a mini-layout and that (...) (20 years ago, 27-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.events, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Train Hobby growing... comments?

(...) As Ed mentioned in his post, we limit our shows to 3 or 4 per year. We don't want to get burned out, we just want to enjoy. If it becomes a chore, the quality will drop and then interest will wane to the point where no-one will be motivated to (...) (20 years ago, 25-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Train Hobby growing... comments?

These are some great replies here! Most of what I read so far seems to be similar to other group's experiences, it is great to hear them echoed. I think these kind of threads are vital, it helps us all gauge our own successes and burnouts vs the (...) (20 years ago, 25-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Train Hobby growing... comments?

(...) snip (...) The problem with the tradisional background stuff is that it is fixed. We (MichLug/MichLTC) have a different layout at each show. Also the layout is composed of several people's stuff resulting in a layout larger than any one person (...) (20 years ago, 25-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Train Hobby growing... comments?

In lugnet.trains, Steven House wrote: <snipped> (...) Yeah, like that - awesome stuff! I think I would like to try something like that some day. Love that streamliner, btw.... -Matt :) (...) (20 years ago, 25-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Train Hobby growing... comments?

(...) I don't think so. One will always have to begin somewhere (usually at the beginning:-) Having experienced, established members can only make it easier for newbies to get involved IMO. It would be IMPOSSIBLE to do anything that I am doing today (...) (20 years ago, 25-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  COLTC display at GATS in Columbus, Ohio Show Report

The Central Ohio Lego Train Club (COLTC) recently completed our 2nd Home Town Great American Train Show (GATS). This event was our second largest show to date, with 32 full size tables (3x6 10" baseplates). There were many exciting moments, most (...) (20 years ago, 25-Feb-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains.org, FTX) !!

  Re: LEGO Train Hobby growing... comments?

(...) Interesting points, Steve. Our layouts at shows have gotten bigger over time, mostly because the venues have warmed up to the fact that we can cover just about any space they've been willing to give us. They've let us expand, and we've been (...) (20 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Train Hobby growing... comments?

(...) You mean like this . My "round the room layout" with some trad style scenery (URL) streamliner going thru the scenery ... (URL) monorail going thru the scenery (URL) a Burlington North consist doing the same ... (URL) like to see some more out (...) (20 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego featured in Shinkansen safety poster

(...) That's a nice interpretation. Yummy! It would translate as: THAT WAS CLOSE! You might disappear from the station! Please take care not to cross the yellow line on the platform. Also, if you see someone fallen on the tracks: * Watch the (...) (20 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Train Hobby growing... comments?

(...) I would like to see some LTC's attempt some traditional style model railroading background. Brickscaping is cool, but far to expensive. It seems to me, just judging from looking though old Lego brochures, that Lego trains and towns would look (...) (20 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Train Hobby growing... comments?

(...) I find it's not a growth in quantity, more in quality... becoming more picky where to display, what to show and the quality of the display. Although specially that last one might also scare away new people... however it on the other hand helps (...) (20 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Train Hobby growing... comments?

Steven & All, (...) Right. (...) Michiana-LUG / LTC is pretty stabile, we had a couple of new people, but mostly it is the same people in terms of the growth of the club. While it would be great to have more people, I don't think it is critical. We (...) (20 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Train Hobby growing... comments?

(...) Interesting thoughts. I'm not of the opinion that a bigger structure layout is a better layout. But perhaps I'm biased as a newby. I certainly felt the presure to "acheive" when I joined a well established train club. I think that all new (...) (20 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  LEGO Train Hobby growing... comments?

It "feels" like the hobby is growing, there are more shows and more clubs. I often think about growth in serveal ways, two of which are: big, more brick intensive layouts and frequency of shows per club. The bigger more brick intensive layouts are (...) (20 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Fairmont Speeder, small track powed motorcar

(...) Thanks Steve, and your welcome, although I think I should have tried to hunt down a couple more chassis before publishing. 8) I'm hoping to get more, to make other MOW vehicles, such as a hi-rail truck or ballest tamper. Mat (20 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Fairmont Speeder, small track powed motorcar

(...) Thanks Rob, A few of them? Let me know if you want to sell one. 8) I'd like to build a hi-rail truck as well. Or I could switch the Speeder over to a bit charG chassis, and use the 5213 for the hi-rail. This was a fun proof of concept, to see (...) (20 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: GPLR - PORTLAND GATS

(...) Bob I would have been more concerned about the full Santa Fe. As it clearly out weighs my TGV. And since the TGV is longer then the bridge, at no point is the whole weight of the TGV on the bridge at one time. ;) Dave www.gplr.org (20 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: GPLR - PORTLAND GATS

(...) Dirty Brickster event held last January at Dan's studio. I want to build some shorty cars to complete it. :) (...) I'm really happy with how the 'Hood turned out, and I can't wait to see Steve's Turtle Creek when it's done. - Kelly (20 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Fairmont Speeder, small track powed motorcar

Quite the innovation! I had no idea this part even existed! I'd like to try my hand at it also. Thanks for sharing. SteveB (...) (20 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GPLR - PORTLAND GATS

HEY BOB! You never told any of us about all this self doubt! I heard Frank was thinking about starting PDX LUG... ;) SteveB (...) (20 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: GPLR - PORTLAND GATS

(...) Yup, friday night i woke up from a nightmare that included the bridge, dave's tgv, and franks coast seen there was carnage and broken pieces everywhere. i was so nervous the first time any trains went over the bridge. i was afraid the (...) (20 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: GPLR - PORTLAND GATS

(...) Way to break it out, guys! Loved the shorty: (URL) that's what the back of the company houses look like... (URL) gotta copy those. The mine looks great too. Lots of great models. Thanks for the pictures! Ed (20 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

Excellent work Mat. You beat me to the punch again. I had been collecting a few of those for that very reason! :) Rob "Mathew Clayson" <mathew_impact1@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ICEJqA.3I9@lugnet.com... (...) (20 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Fairmont Speeder, small track powed motorcar

While up in the SF Bay Area over Chrismat I got a chance to visit the Niles Canyon Railway, with the help of Zonker. They had a Fairmont Speeder and a few trailers. The RR park near me in Powey also has one, and I'd been thinking of modeling one. O (...) (20 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: GPLR - PORTLAND GATS

(...) Yeah, it is impressive, but only fully until after I saw (URL) pic>. Really nice. Congrats to all for your maiden show! JOHN (20 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: GPLR - PORTLAND GATS

(...) lol - and Steve was giving Dan Parker grief this weekend for his email prowess, or lack thereof. A li'l case of the pot calling the kettle here, eh Steve? ;) GATS was a fun show, even though the open freight door during loading froze us. We (...) (20 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 7-wide Elevated Train Cars

(...) Not intentionally, but now that you've mentioned it I've just remembered that they make a [LDrawPart 6081:7] For some reason I didn't even think of that! Doh! Oh well I got a pretty good deal on all those [LDrawPart 6091:7]'s. (...) I used 2x4 (...) (20 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: GPLR - PORTLAND GATS

(...) For Lazy people like me: (URL) CLICK HERE> (...) (20 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  GPLR - PORTLAND GATS

Hi All, Here are some pix of our show last weekend at GATS. Enjoy... www.GPLR.org, click on "Gallery" in the bar along the top. SteveB PS we are still working out our club colors, logo, and general look and feel... this web site UI is just a generic (...) (20 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Pics from ToyFair 2005

Snip (...) Toby does - sort of, after all he is double ended. Mind you you shouldn't be able to see the cylinders, or the wheels! Toby is the worst model by far in my opinion, its hard to do much with what is essentially box but he would have been (...) (20 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2005, FTX)

  Re: 7-wide Elevated Train Cars

(...) I have to agree with you. Its strange feature of Lego that often you mentally blank the seams but sometimes the placing actually gives the model more detail. Tim (20 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 7-wide Elevated Train Cars

Spencer, Very nice! The corrugated bricks are so much nicer looking when stacked with aligned seems! I really dislike the Santa Fe with the crossed seams. I was wondering if the 1/4 round roof detail was purposely done in 1 stud wide elements? I (...) (20 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: My first 2-wide train.

(...) I HAVE to agree with Frank, 12 V conductor rails look most realistic: (URL) are even "better" than 8-wide track for "normal" trains, because the curve radius is much more realistic :) Paul (20 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first 2-wide train. Update!

(...) I just rebuilt the trucks on these cars to give them a better look. I used the wheels from the mini-fig hand cart and skateboard. (URL) (20 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first 2-wide train.

(...) When I think of 2-wides the person who pops in my head is Ross Neal- (URL) (20 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first 2-wide train.

(...) 12v conductor rails look pretty nice. I've also seen grill tiles laid side by side. Frank (20 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 7-wide Elevated Train Cars

(...) Either way, this car looks great. I'd love to see it next the car from the (URL) Spider-Man's Train Rescue. 8) Mat (20 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Wood slat stock car

After seeing several very nice stockcar MOCs, I decided to try my hand. One of the criteria was to use a 6 x 24 train baseplate, as I have a bunch from LL grabbags. The LL Bick-A-Brick had some 1 x 4 brown tile, jumper plates and (3)finger hinges. (...) (20 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Supertrain pictures - SALUG

Greetings, I have posted pictures of SALUG participation at Supertrain: (URL) is a large model train show that takes place in Calgary, Alberta, Canada in mid February. This year SALUG (Southern Alberta Lego Users Group) won first place for the (...) (20 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.org.ca.salug) !!

  Coast Guard Base

For last November's GATS show in Pleasanton, CA our club didn't have the usual waterfront models, due to members being on vacation, so I built this to fill in the missing coastline. It's a United States Coast Guard base with helicopter and cutter (...) (20 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.boats, FTX) !

  Train à Grande Vitesse

Hello all. I just wanted to share with all the newest pictures of my TGV. It currently is just over 10 ft long. Uses only two motors and the connection between the cars are held together by LEGO rubberbands. I still have some little details to (...) (20 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first 2-wide train.

(...) I am glad you like it. I just finished building a sixth car. I will make the cars all yellow, I just have to buy some more parts. I also made a red container car as red and yellow are the more popular colors for these cars. I am trying to (...) (20 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 7-wide Elevated Train Cars

(...) Hmm, I never really put much thought into scaling the length. I simply used the shortest length that gave me what I felt was the "right" mix of windows and doors. As it turns out, I just calculated that it's only about 4 more studs shy of (...) (20 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: My first 2-wide train.

(...) Rob, Funny you should mention that. I was thinking along these lines. I'm useing one of the cheap RC micro cars to power a hand pump Velocipede. I'm retaining the reciever, and powering it off an internal battery. Or I could power off the (...) (20 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 9V Adapter

(...) Yes. Mat (20 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  9V Adapter

This trains newbie asks: is the 9V adapter for running trains the same adapter that is used to run RCX version 1.0? (20 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first 2-wide train.

Time to build your own using a modded powered truck from Atlas and a pager vibrate motor... Rob "John Barnes" <barnes@sensors.com> wrote in message news:ICC6pJ.Ap0@lugnet.com... (...) (20 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first 2-wide train.

(...) Yeah, I'd thought about that, but the bogies on N gauge locos and N gauge rolling stock are very different. They aren't cosmetically interchangeable. Well, as far as I have been able to find so far, anyhow. JB (20 years ago, 22-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first 2-wide train.

(...) It is very nice. Perhaps you coulf fit a motor in one of the frieght wagons? MAt (20 years ago, 22-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first 2-wide train.

(...) Excellent! I love it. I just wish there was a way to get an N gauge motor into that style of locomotive. But the N gauge notors are 2 wide throughout :( JB (20 years ago, 22-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics from ToyFair 2005

(...) You are correct, sorry. It's seems to be the same wheelset base, but with one axel removed. And it placed the corect end forward, edded for the drive rods to look right. Thanks, Mat (20 years ago, 22-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2005, FTX)

  Re: Lego Compatible Flex Track

(...) Ken, nice work. Let us know how well this operates. I did some experimenting along these lines last summer, but I didn't think of cutting and bending tabs on the ATLAS track connectors, very cleaver. I was going to grind flange off the base of (...) (20 years ago, 22-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.custom, FTX)

  Re: Pics from ToyFair 2005

In lugnet.trains, Mathew Clayson wrote: snip * (...) Percy has a 2-axle wheelset, and it was assembled correctly: (URL) (20 years ago, 22-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2005, FTX)

  My first 2-wide train.

Hello all. I just wanted to share with you the start of my newest project. It will be a dock sceen to go with my Maersk ship. I just built 4 container cars and a Union Pacific engine. The cars are actually about 2 and half studs wide. The Containers (...) (20 years ago, 22-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics from ToyFair 2005

(...) What bugs me, is that non of these sets are powered. Thery all apear to use the older 3 axle steam wheelset. But at least they get drive rods. And the short wheelset for the tender is nice. Also, I found it interesting that non of the models (...) (20 years ago, 22-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2005, FTX)

  Re: 7-wide Elevated Train Cars

(...) Don't listen to him ;-) As a seven wide, this looks excellent. The need for this scale was especially brought out when I saw the interiour shots, where you get a 1 stud wide gangway (or whatever it's called) which would not have been possible (...) (20 years ago, 22-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Pics from ToyFair 2005

(...) Should be easy enough even for an average-skilled builder to work around. What concern me more are the other parts there- the boiler half is pretty useless, and don't even get me started on the cab (SOLID??!!) eww. And yeah, Larry, that is (...) (20 years ago, 22-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2005)

  Re: 7-wide Elevated Train Cars

(...) Beautiful. I am very impressed. Looks like you should build some more trains! -Matt :) (20 years ago, 22-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Pics from ToyFair 2005

(...) It would be much easier is the face disk was a separate piece from the rest of the boiler. But it looks like the face is part of a single front piece. Check out the bottom right inset picture on this box art. (URL) are four engine pieces to (...) (20 years ago, 22-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2005)

  Re: Pics from ToyFair 2005

(...) I can't speak for Samarth, but I was thinking of just that, because it's a LEGO face... no more non LEGO or stickers or whatever. (20 years ago, 21-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2005)

"Ken Rice" <(KAY)enn(ARE)ice@e(...s.(SEE)om> wrote in message news:IC9w1y.rDK@lugnet.com... (...) Welcome to the Darkside Ken!!! Awesome work. I've been wantig flex track for LEGO for years! Rob www.brickmodder.net (20 years ago, 21-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego featured in Shinkansen safety poster

(...) That's funny. I wonder how long till the posters start getting ripped down and sold on ebay? jt (20 years ago, 21-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Lego featured in Shinkansen safety poster

From (URL) this> Shinkansen website: (URL) It's aparently translated as: "A warning. Don't cross the yellow line! Or you become food for the shinkansen." (20 years ago, 21-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Lego Compatible Flex Track

(...) Way to go Ken! Nice bit of modding! Don't you just love that feeling of certain success as the hardened steel cuts into the ABS :) Can't wait to see what goes under the knife next. JB (20 years ago, 21-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Lego Compatible Flex Track

I have made a length of Lego compatible flex track. You may see the instructions here: (URL) Rice -=:=- kennrice (AT) erols (DOT) com (URL) - Lego Compatible Flex Track, Civil War Round Table of DC & Concentration Camp made of Lego bricks (URL) Maps (...) (20 years ago, 21-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: Pics from ToyFair 2005

(...) This line in my original email may be unclear. It is my hope that the licensing contract Lego signed with the Thomas owners (Britt Alcroft?) does not limit LEGO to producing Thomas sets only in Duplo scale. I would like to see 9V System Thomas (...) (20 years ago, 21-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2005)

  Re: Pics from ToyFair 2005

(...) Yes, with these, we'll have the correct LEGO elements necessary to pull it off. People were doing ATSF warbonnets and BNSF units long before the official sets came out, but their appearance made things a lot easier for kitbash purposes. In (...) (20 years ago, 21-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2005)

  Re: Pics from ToyFair 2005

Samarth Moray @gmail.com> wrote in message ... (...) kitbashed (...) but in (...) Many many MOC versions of Thomas and his friends already exist for 9v and 12v, in 6 wide and probably wider. Or are you specifically thinking of taking the Duplo (...) (20 years ago, 21-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2005)

  Re: 7-wide Elevated Train Cars

(...) Dear Spencer, this train is simply beautiful! It took me quite a while to find out just a handful of the building tricks you used and I am still amazed about the many cool details. Great model and perfect size (and width *)! 7w-Ben *) not to (...) (20 years ago, 21-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Frank's first LEGO train set has been a 111

(...) Hi Eric, thanks for the links into your samsonite sets gallery - I wasn't aware about that cool resource and have bookmarked it immediately! I agree with your guess, that Frank might have had a 111 AND a 4.5V motorized set like 107 (or more (...) (20 years ago, 21-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 7-wide Elevated Train Cars

(...) It's shortened a fair bit (I was in Chicago last week and could see the CTA out the office windows, along with METRA double deckers)... but that's part for the course. The model overall rocks! I love the relay detail best I think, but there's (...) (20 years ago, 21-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Pics from ToyFair 2005

(...) Don't see it making much of a difference. I'm pretty sure they can be kitbashed into 8-wide scale, at least, if not 6. You might yet see it on 9V track, but in MOC form. Legoswami (20 years ago, 21-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2005)

  Re: Pics from ToyFair 2005

I'm surprised there has not been more discussion about the Thomas license. DUPLO Thomas shots (URL) is a considerable amount of DUPLO track in my house. And I'm sure my 10 month old daughter will enjoy running Thomas on the track. So when will (...) (20 years ago, 21-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2005)

  Re: 7-wide Elevated Train Cars

snip That has to be the best EMU (electric multiple unit) I have seen. Things I especially like: The third rail pick-ups on the bogies (trucks) The use of the Bracket 1 x 1 - 1 x 1 [LDrawPart 554:0] at the front corners for relief detail The whole (...) (20 years ago, 21-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  IndyLUG/CILTC at the 2005 Childrens Expo

Here's my favorite picture from the whole show this weekend: (URL) the following Brickshelf folder is a comprehensive look at the entire show taken by our newest club member Alex Taylor. The big blue dragline crane was one of his contributions to (...) (20 years ago, 21-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events)

  Re: 7-wide Elevated Train Cars

(...) [snip] (...) [snip] (...) Very cool. Chris (20 years ago, 21-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 7-wide Elevated Train Cars

(...) Great time for my to log on, that is BEAUTIFUL! Josh (20 years ago, 21-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  GWLTS-III, train display

Yesterday was the GWLTS-III (Great Western Lego Train Show) our third year of displaying Lego trains at Steam, The Museum of the Great Western Railway in Swindon (UK). (URL) This year our main, minifig scale, display was 10m long with 2.4m sides. (...) (20 years ago, 20-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: Frank's first LEGO train set has been a 111

Didn't the motor equipped trains use the plate-w/motor-hole? You can clearly see 3 6x16 plates in the photo. Comparing the box art to Brickshelf's 111 they certainly look to be the same - not knowing what a 115 looks like :-( Matthias (20 years ago, 20-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Frank's first LEGO train set has been a 111

(...) Looking at the instructions bottom left, it certainly looks like the loco has the motor, and I'm pretty sure the 111 instructions didn't have that. ROSCO (20 years ago, 19-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Larger type of old style train wheel?

(...) BBB. These wheels are awsome. The have the look and feel of the older LEGO train wheels, but the newer 9v wheel geometry for the tyre and flang. (URL) Mat (20 years ago, 18-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Larger type of old style train wheel?

(...) Bruce (20 years ago, 18-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Larger type of old style train wheel?

what about the front & rear ones on this train? (URL) (20 years ago, 18-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Frank's first LEGO train set has been a 111

(...) Frank- I love that old picture! Is there a chance that you received a 111 and a 107? I haven't seen pictures of a Samsonite version of 115 yet (but I'm still looking). Samsonite 111 pic here: (URL) 107 pic here: (URL) - Thought you might be (...) (20 years ago, 17-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Frank's first LEGO train set has been a 111

(...) It had a 4.5V motor, so it sounds definitely like the 115. Yea, looking at your page, I'm now certain it's set 115. (...) Yes, that would be a much younger Frank Filz than this one: (URL) by my little sister's walking, I would guess this is (...) (20 years ago, 17-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Frank's first LEGO train set has been a 111

(...) Dear Frank, from the dominatiog colour blue and the box design one can assume this to be a 111 set. And there is a less than 5% chance that this could be a 115 (which is basically the same but came with the 4.5V motor included). Th box design (...) (20 years ago, 17-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Frank's first LEGO train set

See (URL) someone can identify which set this is. Frank (20 years ago, 17-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  GATS Feb. 2005 - Question

Hi, I've seen some of the wonderfull pictures fron the past GATS show. I'm looking for a more detailed picture of the boxcars that where on the lay out. Can someone point me to such a link if there's one available? Thanks, Ludo - www.belug.be (20 years ago, 16-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe El Capitan Hi-Level

(...) Hi, Thomas, Cool. First, let me apologize for the delay in getting this work assembled and available. It's taking longer than I thought, and I have made several artistic design changes, proofing corrections, and feature content additions. (...) (20 years ago, 16-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Larger type of old style train wheel?

(...) Those look to me to be the ones that actually came in the 7750 set (not the ones that started this thread that are in the small pics on the 7750 box), they have no gap between the spokes (i.e. the spoke are just relief moulded on a disk (...) (20 years ago, 15-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Larger type of old style train wheel?

(...) I was referring to the ones at the very rear of the locomotive in the foreground of the picture. (20 years ago, 15-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  New 8mm scale Train MOC pics - Class 47 Diesel Engine, Wagons and Trackside features

Here are some pictures of my Class 47 diesel engine, some wagons and trackside features: Class 47 diesel engine in Intercity livery: (URL) Quite a few wagons! Bogie Bolster 'D' with logs (the British 8mm scale version of set 10013!): (URL) Clay (...) (20 years ago, 15-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc)

  Re: Larger type of old style train wheel?

(...) These are (URL) which have no flanges. The parts in question are a slightly larger? version of the ones in 7750 with gaps between the spokes. Tim (20 years ago, 15-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe El Capitan Hi-Level

(...) Hi James, Well, I finaly got to order the last bricks and not to mention the split level train bases, and now I am getting ready to build the El Capitan. I would like to hear from you if the is any chance of you getting the PDF file or CD (...) (20 years ago, 15-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  It is a train AND a computer!

This is slightly off topic, but I thought it would be of interest to all trainheads: (URL) (20 years ago, 15-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Larger type of old style train wheel?

(...) (URL) to me they're in use here? (20 years ago, 14-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Three Trunk Tree and Tall Thin Tree

Here's a three-trunk tree that I built for my railway layout: (URL) I used 2L black technic liftarms to attach more flex tubes to the central one. The white blobs underneath are geese! Also a tall thin tree next to an office block: (URL) tree uses a (...) (20 years ago, 14-Feb-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc) !!

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact