 Trains / 24435
Re: 7-wide Elevated Train Cars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2005 00:59:16 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Steven Barile wrote:

   I was wondering if the 1/4 round roof detail was purposely done in 1 stud wide elements?

Not intentionally, but now that you’ve mentioned it I’ve just remembered that they make a

For some reason I didn’t even think of that! Doh! Oh well I got a pretty good deal on all those ’s.

   I would love to see to bottom also and how you connected the trucks.

I used 2x4 technic plates with jumper plates on the ends (to center it on the floor) for connecting the trucks to the body. I found the motorized truck to be extremely frustrating for attaching details. The details on the non-motorized trucks are done slighly differently (and look better IMO).

   I can’t emphasis how much seam alignment (or lack there of) can add that extra bit of detail.

Yep, I try to use it often in my models. Especially microfig stuff where it adds extra detail.

I appreciate everyone’s positive comments. I know so little about trains in general. But seriously, if I’ve made any big train-gaffes please point them out! I’ve entered this genre to learn.

Spencer