 Trains / 24406
Re: 7-wide Elevated Train Cars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2005 06:41:21 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

   Now if only Spencer was a GOOD ENOUGH builder to have pulled this off in 6 wide... LOL.

Don’t listen to him ;-) As a seven wide, this looks excellent. The need for this scale was especially brought out when I saw the interiour shots, where you get a 1 stud wide gangway (or whatever it’s called) which would not have been possible in 6. At first sight, I was ‘Oh yay, another train MOC’ but today I had the chance to take a closer look at it, and it turns out you’ve used some extremely fancy stuff to build this thing, which are not apparent at first glance. I love the care with which you did the vestibule connections and the underside. You’ve used some clever 1 x 1 bracket 1/5th stud techniques there to get the lamps up front, and I don’t even know how you did this. As I mentioned with the cars, I like the usage of click hinges as detailing. I always thought trainheads were better at greeblies than spacers ever will be. I want to see more trains now :-)

Legoswami