 Trains / 24378
Re: Frank's first LEGO train set has been a 111
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 18:13:24 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Frank Filz wrote:
Reinhard "Ben" Beneke wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Frank Filz wrote:
See

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ffilz/Me/lego-trains-for-x-mass.jpg

Perhaps someone can identify which set this is.

Dear Frank,

from the dominatiog colour blue and the box design one can assume
this to be a 111 set. And there is a less than 5% chance that this
could be a 115 (which is basically the same but came with the 4.5V
motor included).

It had a 4.5V motor, so it sounds definitely like the 115. Yea, looking at
your page, I'm now certain it's set 115.

Frank

Frank-
I love that old picture!  Is there a chance that you received a 111 and a 107?
I haven't seen pictures of a Samsonite version of 115 yet (but I'm still
looking).

Samsonite 111 pic here:
Samsonite 107 pic here:

Ben -
Thought you might be interested in this picture of the Samsonite 113:
And the Samsonite 080:

More old samsonite catalogs/brochures here:
http://home.comcast.net/~strandee/
I've been focusing on the early '60s but the 68/69 ones are next to be scanned.

Eric