 Trains / 24392
Re: Frank's first LEGO train set has been a 111
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2005 17:51:56 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Eric Strand wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Frank Filz wrote:
Reinhard "Ben" Beneke wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Frank Filz wrote:
See

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ffilz/Me/lego-trains-for-x-mass.jpg

Perhaps someone can identify which set this is.

Dear Frank,

from the dominatiog colour blue and the box design one can assume
this to be a 111 set. And there is a less than 5% chance that this
could be a 115 (which is basically the same but came with the 4.5V
motor included).

It had a 4.5V motor, so it sounds definitely like the 115. Yea, looking at
your page, I'm now certain it's set 115.

Frank

Frank-
I love that old picture!  Is there a chance that you received a 111 and a 107?

Hi Eric,

thanks for the links into your samsonite sets gallery - I wasn't aware about
that cool resource and have bookmarked it immediately!

I agree with your guess, that Frank might have had a 111 AND a 4.5V motorized
set like 107 (or more likely a 100 or 103). The picture of the motorized engine
on the floor might come from a mini-catalogue picture, the motor set or the
building instruction - all these papers have often shown how to build motorized
versions of engines. (Although I have to admit that my European 111 instruction
is the exception to this "rule" and shows nothing more than to build the train
itself.)

The box design of his sets appears to be the 111 in US version and LEGO has
always had different box designs for each set afaik. So I would still bet on 111
as Frank's first train set.

Leg Godt!

Ben