 Trains / 24481
Re: Frank's first LEGO train set has been a 111
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2005 23:24:24 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Eric Strand wrote:
In lugnet.trains, David Koudys wrote:>
I'm going to verify at home tonight, but I have the 103 with the box and I'm
quite sure it didn't come from EU

http://sparky.i989.net/legop5.htm

I'll have a boo at the box as well as the instructions...

Dave K

<snip>

Dave,

I'm very interested to hear what you find out.  From your pictures it
appears that your box has the black and white logo with the 5 different size
people.  As far as I know, this logo was never used by Samsonite USA.
Also, the gears in that box don't match the Samsonite USA gears.  However it
would be nice to find a new rarity!  :)   Keep us posted!

THe gears didn't come with the set--they were just in the box when I got it--the
instructions don't show them listed.  I'm glad I got them, though--they're
different than the gears in the other 2 old sets I have--these ones fit the old
black link chains better.

Upon futher investigation, turns out that this set came from 'across the
pond'--instructions printed in Germany for sale in Britain.

Now I don't know how it came to me--thought it was purchased in Canada.

So there you are.

Dave K

Eric