 Trains / 24418
Re: My first 2-wide train.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2005 02:15:25 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Rob Hendrix wrote:
   Time to build your own using a modded powered truck from Atlas and a pager vibrate motor...

Rob

“John Barnes” barnes@sensors.com wrote in message
   Yeah, I’d thought about that, but the bogies on N gauge locos and N gauge rolling stock are very different. They aren’t cosmetically interchangeable. Well, as far as I have been able to find so far, anyhow.

JB

Rob,

Funny you should mention that. I was thinking along these lines. I’m useing one of the cheap RC micro cars to power a hand pump Velocipede. I’m retaining the reciever, and powering it off an internal battery. Or I could power off the track. Our train club is switching over to DCC, constant power. A couple of wisker pickups with a voltage regulator chip, and I could keep a charge on the internal rechargable battery.

Mat