 Trains / *18515 (-100)
  Re: New MOC: Large scale 2-truck Shay

Thanks for the kind words! (...) Only in the sense of "I fancy making some log cars", no designs or anything. I can see at least two issues with this: * I don't have anything like enough brown to make logs, so the load'll probably be real wood. * (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Added pictures to my site

Hi all, I added some pictures of passenger & freight cars to my home page, witch i'm completely re-building. goto : (URL) and select Trains & cars I hope you like them. Regards, Ludo (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC Beaverton Mall Show Pics are Up!

(...) It is not as bad as it used to be! Recent safty improvements on the chain to the top and on the seat belt system have reduced fatalities down to only a few a day, instead of several dozen per day of operation. :) I'll try and get some more (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: 4-6-4 Hudson

WOW, that looks NICE, my dad though it was a model, not lego! If i had the time i'd build like that Josh (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Large scale 2-truck Shay

(...) Thanks. The gallery has just been moderated so you can see the rest of the pictures now. Including the 'wrong' side, which is very rarely pictured in real Shays (it's just not as cool) and so quite possibly totally wrong. (...) They'd dwarf my (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: 4-6-4 Hudson

(...) Shaun, Thanks for taking the time to post descriptions and photos of the fine detailed workings of your excellent Hudson. This model was beautiful to see in person at BrickFest. Well-deserving of the BrickFest 2002 "Best Train MOC". later, (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Large scale 2-truck Shay

Anyone have anything to hold my jaw up!? That is AMAZING! Any plans for log cars? Josh (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Train Catalog Observation

Does anyone know when the new catalog will be published by S@H? Will it be bulk mailed out to customers like the regular catalog? Bryan "Mike Walsh" <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:Gzz2w1.Ir0@lugnet.com... (...) Chief (...) of (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Large scale 2-truck Shay

(...) Hi Will, that model is really stunning! Just x-posted it to 1000steine.de. Regards, Ben (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  MOC: 4-6-4 Hudson

Hi all, I uploaded pics of my 4-6-4 Hudson steam engine and tender this afternoon. They can be found at: (URL) couple of points about the engine: (1) For once, I can recount the exact date of conception for the project! I started working on the (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: New page about #4548 Train Controller.

That's pretty much what I though, I have been poking around with my volt meter and it seems the very careful layout of the switch pivot is the key to direction....I was hoping you would have found some simple wire to change :) I'll have to keep (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Large scale 2-truck Shay

(...) I do, I do! Very nice work, Will! What is nice about modeling a 14 wide (is that right?) Shay is that since it is a narrow gauge loco, it fits perfectly on LEGO track (although the LEGO wheels are a bit small for scale). My 14 wides utilized G (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Large scale 2-truck Shay

Will, Looks Great! I would like to see more large scale trains on lugnet. Gary Simas My brickshelf pictures (no trains yet) (URL) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: New MOC: Large scale 2-truck Shay

(...) Oooh.. nice. Very nice. Highlighted! J2 should like this lots and lots. I bet one of his 14 wide cars would not look too bad behind it at all. (22 years ago, 28-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  New MOC: Large scale 2-truck Shay

Hi folks, I delurked on .space a while ago, but I'll say a quick hello to everyone else! I've been thinking about building large scale Lego trains for a while, but I've only recently sorted my sets and been able to start building. Here's the first, (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jul-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.modelteam) !!

  New Train Catalog Observation

I was looking at the new train catalog and noticed that Santa Fe Super Chief locomotive pictured in two places was built with the dark grey bars that were incorrectly shipped with the first batch of 10020 sets. The picture of the train on the cover (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New page about #4548 Train Controller.

This looks a little complicated, teh inner port of the circle is the switch, but it also connects to the outer part, so you cannot just rewire it. And not using that part will cause to have power out at all times (which I guess is 1.25V, I donne (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

James J. Trobaugh <james@ngltc.org> wrote in message news:GzxoAy.Ay8@lugnet.com... (...) some (...) it (...) take (...) And then they won't even listen to that..... (...) instead (...) just (...) the (...) from (...) way (...) trains. (...) Train (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New page about #4548 Train Controller.

To tell you the truth your right that that direction should be part of the challenge, but some of these kids just don't listen! And there is aways some parent that wants their 2 year old to race, and I can't get them to turn it the right way at all. (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  New building... Earth Brown (Yoda's shirt)

Hi All, I just uploaded some pics of a new building, might take a couple minutes to show up. It's the one with the name that starts with "Earth". I used the Earth Brown (aka light brown or Yoda's shirt) for the first floor and did some stripes with (...) (22 years ago, 27-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: New page about #4548 Train Controller.

What's wrong with the stock controller with both directions. Isn't that just a life lesson. And of course, perhaps, you can setup a pit crew behind the starting line (long live Death Race 2000!) ;D SteveB (...) (22 years ago, 27-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

Just remember to add a resistor in serie with the variable resistor, so the total value never reaches 0. Something like 4k7 + 22k variable resistor... ? Steve Barile <steve.e.barile@intel.com> wrote in message news:GzvKFx.8Fo@lugnet.com... (...) (...) (22 years ago, 27-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

Larry Pieniazek <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:Gzw31E.5z6@lugnet.com... (...) it (...) love (...) I'll think about it. Check tomorrow. (22 years ago, 27-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New page about #4548 Train Controller.

(...) You probably used one with regular diodes, where each diode gives a 0.7 voltage drop, which is standard. You could try Skottky diodes which IIRC give a 0.3 voltage drop each, leaving you with 8.4v. Other way would be to use some transistors (...) (22 years ago, 27-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New page about #4548 Train Controller.

(...) Try this link if you can't find it (URL) thought this was quite interesting but the background, while neat, made it very very hard to read. I think this is important information and would love to see it repackaged in a way that made it (...) (22 years ago, 27-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New page about #4548 Train Controller.

It would nice if we could just reverse some of the circuit instead of having to use a rectifier (something about that word makes me laugh). Nice tag line Rob. jt (...) (22 years ago, 27-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New page about #4548 Train Controller.

We have been experimenting with an external bridge rectifier for our Rail Racer events. The only drawback is that the one we picked out (lack of electronics experience) draws 1.5 volts away from the output going to the track. Not a big fairness (...) (22 years ago, 27-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New page about #4548 Train Controller.

I haven't looked at the schematic, but would it be possible to add some type of rectifier in there? (I'm not an electrical engineer, but I remember something about a rectifier allowing current to pass "one way"... And I think I know exactly what (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New page about #4548 Train Controller.

I have been intesrted in this topic as well. Thanks for doing the schematic work. I was thinking about about mounting a linear variable resistor aka Thumbwheel Trim Pot (see: (URL) on the PCB board opposite the power connector. (see: (URL) 1st (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rare brick models

(...) Well, technically Oakham was part of the LNER so you could still have a go. Oh, hang on - don't anyone tell that to the Swindon Steam Museaum! Jason J Railton (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rare brick models

I was thinking of a GWR themed signal box, not needed now. Think I'll go for a coaling stage to go with the water tower. Mark "Jason J Railton" <j.j.railton@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:GzuvG8.2Hv@lugnet.com... (...) enough (...) layout at (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New page about #4548 Train Controller.

Sonnich, Nice site, good info. I want to figure out how to keep the controller from going in reverse, I just want it to only go forward no matter which way the knob is turned. Any clue on how do this? jt (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  New page about #4548 Train Controller.

Once upon a time (...) there was a discussion about the 4548 Train Controller about how to limit output in order to limit speed of trains. That inspired me to create a page describing the problems with the Train Controller. I have created a (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rare brick models

(...) Bob - I'm afraid they're not available for sale, and I don't think any parks other than Windsor have done it so far. What happened was we booked a tour of Legoland Windsor through a public/corporate entertainments organiser called "Red Letter (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rare brick models

(...) Bob - I'm afraid they're not available for sale, and I don't think any parks other than Windsor have done it so far. What happened was we booked a tour of Legoland Windsor through a public/corporate entertainments organiser called "Red Letter (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rare brick models

(...) Jason, Please tell more about the tubs at Legoland (variety, quantity and cost). I have never been to any of the Lego parks. Is it something that is done at all of the parks? Bob (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rare brick models

(...) I might use a replacement plate-built roof at a public display, as these are seriously rare. Unless I can get some more for spares on the next trip, that is... (...) Very good - although I went with a dark grey roof rather than the white of (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: hogwarts

Read page 36 on the Lego-instruction booklet, then check out the train stuff Lego ShopatHome has to offer. I'm sure you recognize the parts. Mount and connect them as shown in the HogWartsExpress instr. Klaas (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  GMLTC hits the airwaves

In preparation for appearance at the Jackson Street Roundhouse August 3-4, the MN Transportation Museum ( (URL) ) will be running radio ads in the Twin Cities market telling people to come on down to watch Lego trains and build a few at the play (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  GFLTC at NMRA NTS 2002 (was: That is a LOT of containers)

First off let me thank KK Quah for dealing with me (I tend to make things complicated), doing this show (it was a lot of work) and for presenting all of the workshops (he really gets in to them). My side of the two man GFLTC layout at the NMRA (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains.org) !

  Re: Rare brick models

(...) Like the Fish wagon especially, but the others are good too- just enough detail for the scale. This is ideal display material for the NBLTC layout at the Swindon show. I seem to remember this fish wagon....and another very similar "Prime Pork" (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rare brick models

(...) I really like the signal box -bonus points for the interior details! ;-) The stairs cought my eye, very clever the way the railing is attached to it. I like it! -Frank (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  A LOT of containers (GFLTC at NMRA 2002 National Train Show)

Looks like Larry beat me to the post. Did put this up late last night and I was not sure when it would pass brickshelf screening. The GFLTC (aka the two-man show) had a great time at the 2002 NMRA National Train Show in Fort Lauderdale - themed (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains.org) !

  Re: Rare brick models

(...) It is the standard green. Unfortunately my camera doesn't do greens very well, even under natural daylight bulbs. It's got this weird idea of colour balancing whereby the overall image has to be, on average, neutral. It's hard to find (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rare brick models

Doh! Now I'm going to have to come up with some original ideas! Nice box, Jason. And that fish is so fresh, I can smell it! Is the signal box 'standard' green, or sand green? The low pitched roof is *very* cool. Tony On Thu, 25 Jul 2002, Jason J (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: That is a LOT of containers

Don't neglect to look in the folder towards the end for pics of the ambassador cars that were sent to the event by several clubs. (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Rare brick models

Well, with another visit to Legoland Windsor coming up, I thought it was about time I showed some pictures of what I've done with the rare bricks I picked up at the last one. So, first up is a non-train actually. It's some light-blue and some 1-wide (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.uk)

  That is a LOT of containers

(URL) in, the GFLTC/NMRA (national convention) show pics folder is up. Go up to see all the pics, that's starting in the middle) Nice work, GFLTC!! I can hardly wait to get the containers back from the swap! Looks like you put them to great use! (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events)

  Re: hogwarts

(...) When you say "motorize it", I assume that means you want to be able to run it on regular LEGO track (as opposed to literary motorizing it to run with its current wheels on the floor). If this is the case, then there is nothing technical about (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  hogwarts

i have a hogwarts express and wanna know how to motorize it. im pretty dumb when it ciomes totech, stuff. help (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: B-unit kit...??

(...) or (...) (mostly (...) Dear Santa Fe Fans! Sorry, but I see no bigger need for a B-Unit-pack. As far as I see the market situation TLC can only support us AFOLs with a limited amount of sets. If there came an upgrade kit, we certainly would (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC Update

Well I'll be there! I'll TRY to wear a Marines Shirt,& I'll be carrying a blue tub! Just so you can pick me out! Josh (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ATSF warbonnet doodlebug spotted

Follow this link for configurations an equipment-info. (URL) FAR MORE interesting, the link at the bottom of that page. Leads to an extensive set of SantaFé links, including a WebRing. I've been reading a few hours! And still hours to go.... Klaas (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ATSF warbonnet doodlebug spotted

(...) Here's another shot of M160, which judging from the paint not being as fresh as the museum shot, may have been from some time ago. (URL) which leads you to (URL) shot shows how LONG it is. Selective compression is required that's for sure. (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ATSF warbonnet doodlebug spotted

(...) It's just so FLAT. I bet you that's a rebuilt nose, not an original. ATSF was notorious for rebuilding the fronts of passenger equipment, cf. their original Super Chief assigned engines which got rebuilt with flat shovel noses too. (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ATSF warbonnet doodlebug spotted

(...) Amazing! That 'bug looks really cool. Makes me wonder if my area used to have something like that here in central New Mexico. I think Santa Fe used to operate passenger service between here, Socorro, and Magdalena until the mid-60's. Wonder (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC Beaverton Mall Show Pics are Up!

(...) If you feel safe with a 1:4 chance not to end in the station - but on the floor - it is safe... ;-) In fact a cool video and a brilliant roller coster! Ben (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ATSF warbonnet doodlebug spotted

(...) Apparently, they were. (if you wonder if there is a prototype for something, there probably is... :-) ) Scott Willingham was kind enough to send me this link: (URL) that's a flat front! Thanks for the link, Scott! (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC Beaverton Mall Show Pics are Up!

(...) why all those minifig bodies are laying around here: (URL) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC Beaverton Mall Show Pics are Up!

(snip) (...) Todd- Matt has a 15 second video clip of the roller coaster on his website: (URL) the end of the main text (just before the thumbnail pictures) is the video. He has made significant changes to the coaster to make it operate with much (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC Beaverton Mall Show Pics are Up!

Last weekend, Steve and I went to the clubhouse for 2 hours to build and run trains. We decided to open up the doors, so that spectators could come in and enjoy the layout. Much to our surprise, within 10 minutes of opening the doors we had a full (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC Beaverton Mall Show Pics are Up!

Greg- Yes, this system does allow adjacent buildings to be connected, implementing Matt's sidewalk standard. We've used it many times with much success, and it's a BEAUTIFUL design. It sure works well with a team of design/builders, so that one (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

"Greg Kramer" <kramersinva@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:GzpwGv.B1w@lugnet.com... (...) to (...) rather (...) Steve Barile explained this to me when I was in Portland. It wasn't until I saw it in person that I understood what he was trying to (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC Beaverton Mall Show Pics are Up!

On the website, with the downtown pics, there is this comment: "We owe our thanks to our fellow club member, Matt Chiles, for designing a brilliant modular system for town buildings". I'm especially interested to know if this system allows adjacent (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC Beaverton Mall Show Pics are Up!

Sorry for the delay, Actually the whole thing just fell into place. The Beaverton Mall is a tier 2 mall, so normally there is one or two stores vacant. This was the key to success. This could happen in a tier 1 mall but there are rarely any (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train motors, where to find information?

If you follow the "Hints and Tips" link (URL) it will show you the "Electrical Specifications" link that will take you to the current.htm page. jt (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

Found it: (URL) that I have to use a search engine to find that page. How do I go from (URL) to? (URL) ???? Sonnich Jensen <sonnich@hot.ee> wrote in message news:GzppKH.6t8@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Train motors, where to find information?

Hello! Once someone wrote about how much power a 9V train motor uses, and made a page of it. Any idea where that was? BR S (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC Beaverton Mall Show Pics are Up!

See below: (snip) (...) Todd- PNLTC would be delighted to have you in Portland for the weekend. Accomodating a private tour would be just fine. Let us know when you are coming into town, and we'll arrange a tour. The PNLTC members from Seattle may (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC Beaverton Mall Show Pics are Up!

In lugnet.trains, Todd Lehman writes: <regarding PNLTC mall display and roller coaster> (...) It is very cool! (...) Just got back from PacNW myself, and it is wicked beat. Steve Barile picked me up from the PDX airport. After the 5th hour of being (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

"Todd Lehman" <todd@lugnet.com> wrote in message news:GzpD9y.5tG@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) could (...) Anyone (...) like? (...) [ ... snipped ... ] As someone who flys to Portland on a fairly regular basis, I can answer some of these (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC Beaverton Mall Show Pics are Up!

(...) Wow!! I would love to get out there and see this in person! Having just returned from BrickFest, I'm hungry for more. :-) Are there any videos online of the roller coaster? That thing is something else!!! (...) When you say "the end of (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC Update

(...) Oops - too many Johns. I meant John Barnes might be able to shave a bit off the lower plate so that it'll fit on a curve. Jason J Railton (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC Update

(...) It's not too hard. I'm rubbish at soldering - I always overheat things. This worked fairly well though. Heat shrink is easy to use too - just bring it near heat like a haridryer, lighter, or cooker hob to tighten it. You have to lay the reed (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Brad J Brickfest 2002 Keynote Speech synopsis

(...) You are correct, when viewed from the dispatcher/train order/CTC perspective. An engine "running light" is indeed a train from that perspective. However it's not a Super Chief, no matter the paint color. (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC Beaverton Mall Show Pics are Up!

(...) Of course it's a PNLTC first, it's the first PNLTC show I've participated in... But not the first I've contributed to if you count some deals with Steve Barile... :-) This has been a great show so far. I plan on incorporating the wharf section (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: White freight car G10 without breaker's cabin.

(...) ROSCO (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Photos of Shaun Sullivan's creations at BrickFest

Here are some pictures I took of Shaun Sullivan's creations on display at BrickFest: (URL) The full collection of Shaun photos was 85MB at full size, so I batch- resized them resized down to 800x600 resolution for web viewing. Let me know if you (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.military)

  Re: "Lights Shine at a full stop"???

Larry - first off, thanks for the blow by blow coverage of the Lego Direct Q&A. I really enjoyed reading it on Sunday night. Hopefully next year I will be able to attend BrickFest. I saw the scans of the catalog posted by Kevin at (URL) . I'm (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Brad J Brickfest 2002 Keynote Speech synopsis

(...) Even though I no longer work fo the NS, they describe a Train as "an engine or more then one engine coupled with or without cars, displaying a marker." It also says see Rule 19 which basically says on single or multiple engine consists, the (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC Update

The other part that pains me is the scrape the brick. I'm thinking that since we're building down 20-30 some bricks we can find a way to do this without needing to alter bricks. Haven't thought it all the way through, but for me that would need to (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC Update

(...) Unfortunately, due to the way the GMLTC builds modules, there really isn't such a thing as a "quick design change" on our layout... I was looking at some small reed switches at a surplus store this past weekend, I might splurge (around a (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC Update

(...) There could be a problem using these on that return loop. It's all curves, and this sensor looks like it has a rectangular 2x4 plate between the sleepers so it'll only fit on straights. Perhaps there's time for a quick design change John? (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Brad J Brickfest 2002 Keynote Speech synopsis

(...) Actually, technically I think a locomotive can be a train. Normally, anything running on the mainline is a train, whether it is a single locomotive, or a locomotive pulling a number of cars. On the other hand, the Super Chief is the name of a (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: "Lights Shine at a full stop"???

(...) After reading this post here on Lugnet, I grabbed a catalog and asked several folks from LEGO if it was a typo. There were several raised eyebrows, but no one told me it was in fact a typo. They diddn't elaborate, they just refused to say it (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: the problem with retail sales of trains is this...

(...) I have to agree on this point. Not only that, in Australia very few stockists actually have lego trains. Even the current Australian catalog shows very little. This lack not only kills the current market but also potentially destroys any (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: "Lights Shine at a full stop"???

There seem to be a few errors in the catalog - but I think it is a real good sign that Lego printed a Train catalog. The text for the Metroliner says, "The train light shines while the train is in motion." - no constant lighting. On that same page (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: "Lights Shine at a full stop"???

(...) That's GOTTA be wrong? You would think that if a constant lighting circuit is being introduced some mention would have been made of it. (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC Update

(...) John Barnes/HiTechnic? He was showing off a lot of his wares at BF. (URL) that his "train sensor" is a light sensor, basically, but set to point directly up so that train shadow activates it. It's only a plate and a tile high though. Also (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: the problem with retail sales of trains is this...

(...) Yeah, you need a "starter set". In fact, my belief is that there should be at least 2 starter sets available at retail. (...) Look at Thomas The Tank Engine Tomica World (the stuff with the blue track). You can get several different starter (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: "Lights Shine at a full stop"???

(...) Actually, the French version: "Les lumières s'allument lors d'une arrêt." is even more specific. "The lights illuminate /during/at the time of/ a /stop/halt/." Jason J Railton (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: the problem with retail sales of trains is this...

(...) I don't agree with this analogy, because there's one piece missing. Games consoles are sold as massive loss leaders, then the money is recouped on the accessories (games, controllers, gadgets etc.). The model was developed long ago for selling (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: the problem with retail sales of trains is this...

(...) or (...) Think about games consoles. You can't sell anyone the games without first selling them the console, but once you've sold the console, you can sell them the various games, extra controllers, etc etc. It's the same with trains. Sets (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC Update

(...) You make it sound so easy... <grin> Do you have to orient it a certain direction? Knowing my luck I'd install it upside down or something... JohnG, GMLTC (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: "Lights Shine at a full stop"???

(...) This is just a guess, but perhaps "full stop" actually means "full throttle". 'Stop' might be a translation for an 'indent' of some sort... JohnG, GMLTC (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC Update

Sure, I just pull directions from the website. from : (URL) & Hours of the Jackson Street Roundhouse The Jackson Street Roundhouse is located north of the Minnesota State Capitol. Take the Pennsylvania Ave. exit off of I35E. Go west two blocks to (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Brad J Brickfest 2002 Keynote Speech synopsis

I thank you both for your answers. With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen. (22 years ago, 21-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Brad J Brickfest 2002 Keynote Speech synopsis

(...) Pedro- It would depend on which time frame you wanted, and the fact that there were other routes besides the most famous Chicago to LA one that used different configs. Here is a helpful link somebody posted a while back about the Super Chief: (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  White freight car G10 without breaker's cabin.

Hi Folks, I've done a second G10 freight car from Deutsche Reichsbahn. Now without a breaker's cabin. And it is white and uses lots of white jumper bricks. My homepage now has moved to Ozbricks. Thanks to Michael G. from Ozbricks for hosting me and (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact