 Trains / 16987
Re: New page about #4548 Train Controller.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 27 Jul 2002 01:19:29 GMT

We have been experimenting with an external bridge rectifier for our Rail
Racer events.  The only drawback is that the one we picked out (lack of
electronics experience) draws 1.5 volts away from the output going to the
track.  Not a big fairness problem when one is used for each track.  But
very noticeable when it comes to racing the big boys.  I'm sure there is a
better way.  I'd like to see some new info on this as well.

Rob
National Rail Racer 2002 Champion
Midsouth Lego Train Club
www.msltc.org

"Scott Lyttle" <datafx7@yahoo.com> wrote in message
I haven't looked at the schematic, but would it be possible to add some • type
of rectifier in there? (I'm not an electrical engineer, but I remember
something about a rectifier allowing current to pass "one way"...

And I think I know exactly what application you're wanting it for...

By the way James, some of the Lego people at Brickfest liked the Rail • Racers...

-Scott

In lugnet.trains, James Trobaugh writes:

Sonnich,

Nice site, good info. I want to figure out how to keep the controller • from
going in reverse, I just want it to only go forward no matter which way • the
knob is turned. Any clue on how do this?

jt