 Trains / 16996
Re: New page about #4548 Train Controller.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 28 Jul 2002 00:35:22 GMT

To tell you the truth your right that that direction should be part of the
challenge, but some of these kids just don't listen! And there is aways some
parent that wants their 2 year old to race, and I can't get them to turn it
the right way at all. So I would like to shorten my pre-race speech and take
out the part about direction and just say "wait for green and turn the
knob!"...LOL

jt

ps. yeah Death Race they like, we had a computer "bug" one time and instead
of the RCX returning the train it launched it off the table at full
speed...the kids though it was real funny...I didn't, well not at first I
didn't :)

In lugnet.trains, Steven Barile writes:
What's wrong with the stock controller with both directions. Isn't that just
a life lesson. And of course, perhaps, you can setup a pit crew behind the
starting line (long live Death Race 2000!) ;D
SteveB

In lugnet.trains, Sonnich Jensen writes:
I'll check on this...

might be pretty simple.

James J. Trobaugh <james@ngltc.org> wrote in message

Sonnich,

Nice site, good info. I want to figure out how to keep the controller from
going in reverse, I just want it to only go forward no matter which way • the
knob is turned. Any clue on how do this?

jt

In lugnet.trains, Sonnich Jensen writes:
Once upon a time (...) there was a discussion about the 4548 Train
Controller about how to limit output in order to limit speed of trains.
That inspired me to create a page describing the problems with the Train
Controller.
I have created a schematic of the Train Controller and added different
information about it on 2 new pages.

You will find it all here:
http://www.hot.ee/sonnich/lego/

Click on the "new" link. As always, LMKWYT.

Suggestions are also very welcome. Especially if anyone knows more about • the
heat zink in it (how much power can it handle?)

Leg godt
Sonnich Jensen