 Trains / 16972
Re: Rare brick models
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 19:59:36 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Tony Priestman writes:
Doh!
Now I'm going to have to come up with some original ideas!
Nice box, Jason.
And that fish is so fresh, I can smell it!
Is the signal box 'standard' green, or sand green? The low pitched roof
is *very* cool.

It is the standard green.  Unfortunately my camera doesn't do greens very
well, even under natural daylight bulbs.  It's got this weird idea of colour
balancing whereby the overall image has to be, on average, neutral.  It's
hard to find contrasting backgrounds that bring out the true colours.  You
can't just use a tint afterwards either because that then affects any
maxed-out whites.

The dark grey roof is my favourite bit, made with parts you could only get
from those tubs at Legoland.  It really bugs me that Lego have only ever
provided for bright red or bright blue rooves - one of the reasons I never
liked the town stuff.

Jason