 Trains / 16944
Re: GMLTC Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 10:32:53 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Gerlach writes:
In lugnet.trains, Jason J. Railton writes:
There could be a problem using these on that return loop.  It's all curves,
and this sensor looks like it has a rectangular 2x4 plate between the
sleepers so it'll only fit on straights.  Perhaps there's time for a quick
design change John?

Jason J Railton

Unfortunately, due to the way the GMLTC builds modules, there really isn't
such a thing as a "quick design change" on our layout...

I was looking at some small reed switches at a surplus store this past
weekend, I might splurge (around a dollar, each!) and pick a few up.  My
soldering skills aren't too good, but I'll see what happens.  :-)

We should be able to find a way to fit a reed sensor into/under/around a
piece of curved track, somehow!!

JohnG, GMLTC

Oops - too many Johns.  I meant John Barnes might be able to shave a bit off
the lower plate so that it'll fit on a curve.

Jason J Railton