 Trains / 16894
Re: GMLTC Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 23:48:44 GMT

John,

How is this trolly running?

http://www.gmltc.org/fargo/pages/Layout18.htm

Is it being powered by the track? If so how is it wired to not short out and
to go in the reverse direction when it comes around the loop? Or is it RCX
controled? Very nice look no matter how you did it.

jt

In lugnet.trains, John Kelly III writes:
Two pieces of news.

[1] Our Fargo show went very well.  Pictures and recap can be found at
http://www.gmltc.org/fargo.asp  I was not friendly to low bandwidth
connections, my pardons.  We are getting ready to revamp the website so I
didn't spend a great deal of time with formating and actually used photoshop
5.5's web export process to generate the pictures (between 800k and 1.1mb.
be careful on modem connections) and thumbnails.

[2] We will again be at the St. Paul Jackson Street Roundhouse, part of the
Minnesota Transportation Museum, Inc. (http://www.mtmuseum.org/) on August 3
and 4.  They were so happy with us last time, they've asked us back.  They
are also planning on a band and some carnival rides to accent our layout.  I
think it might be time for us to build a carnival section again.

thanks

-john 3