 Trains / *1782 (-100)
  A challenge for seasoned Lego Trainers...

Okay. Here's the situation. Like many people who got into 12 volt Lego trains, I own a number of magnetic couplers which have little pins that stick down toward the track. It took me years to realize these were designed to interact with the (near (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC at the NMRA National Convention

(...) -Tom McD. when replying, I sense a disturbance in the spamcake... (25 years ago, 29-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NMRA National Convention in San Jose

(...) shows (...) Please pass another slice of humble pie this way.. :-) (...) I'm there if you guys are coming. -Tom McD. when replying, a perimeter of solid spamcake will keep ants away from any picnic. (25 years ago, 29-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wanted a 4558 Train for Technic sets, see below

For those who is trying to get on my wedsite here it is (URL) you check my wedsite to see if it works Please reply on medwards@ukonline.co.uk Home of the UK Technic Club Magazine Web site: (URL) models and going up Michael Edwards (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC NMRA pics

(...) black and orange diesel! -Tom McD. when replying, spamcake is the Arkansas state flower. (25 years ago, 29-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NMRA National Convention in San Jose

(...) We were discussing the posibilities last night. Who knows? The GMLTC just might show up in San Jose, if the financials can be worked out... (...) Speaking for the entire 'club', Thanks! <blush> J1 (25 years ago, 29-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NMRA National Convention in San Jose

(...) 2000 in San Jose? 25 miles from my home? Who else will be coming! :-) My round house should be ready by then, but I'm set up on the PNLTC modular table foundation. Hopefully we can get a few more table modules together by then! GMLTC could (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj)

  Re: 12 V Trains on 9V Track

yes. the 12 v motor and 9v motor are the same size. you cant use the arm pieces with the 9v motor and it only has 2 wheels but other than that they are the szme size. you will also need 9v track and a speed regulator but i assume you already (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12 V Trains on 9V Track

Can that be done all 12Volt trains? -- Please reply on medwards@ukonline.co.uk Home of the UK Technic Club Magazine Web site: (URL) models and going up Jonathan Wilson <wilsonj@xoommail.com> wrote in message news:37A03CE8.B819ED...ail.com... (...) (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12 V Trains on 9V Track

the 12v trains will not run on the 9v trrack using the 12v v motor if you want to do that then buy yourself the 9v motor service pack.and replace the 12v motor with a 9v one. (25 years ago, 29-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  12 V Trains on 9V Track

Is It possable to have a 12 Volt train on a 9V track, i know that 12V trains have a power source in the middle of the track, It it possable to convert ? -- Please reply on medwards@ukonline.co.uk Home of the UK Technic Club Magazine Web site: (URL) (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC at the NMRA National Convention

(...) Rick- Dude, you are right on! Those are my sediments (sic) exactly! :-) -John (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC at the NMRA National Convention

Rick- You are referring to one of Brian Williams' masterpieces: (URL) the risk of speaking for Brian, I can say simply that what he has done is wire the 9 volt motor to power the older 12 volt motor. I don't know *how* exactly, but this is what he (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC at the NMRA National Convention

You know, this might be worthwhile for all of us to pursue. If a hundred people joined the NMRA as Lego Train modellers, that could really turn some heads. Might make some of the old-school modellers take another think. I personally think that Lego (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC at the NMRA National Convention

Okay, so I'm alternating between stunned and discouraged. Beautuful photos, with wonderful detail, but my poor 4x8 display looks so small now. You guys's layout really is inspiring, though. My question is about picture #27. How is that engine/tender (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC NMRA pics

Awesome Train site! Thanks for the link to the picts. You Train Folks are great inspiration! John (25 years ago, 29-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Permanent outdoor train

(...) Um? By volume, OO is bigger than HO. They Invented 2 different types of OO couplers, and were the first with a large (mass produced) scale track system. (which is a standard throughout the world...go into most good hobbyshops and you will see (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC NMRA pics

(...) Congratulations! later, James Mathis (25 years ago, 28-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dutch railways models

(...) Eric, Thanks for posting these preview pics. Very nice display! Love the completed passenger trains as they are in the station- which is excellent on its own! Good work. later, James Mathis (25 years ago, 28-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wanted a 4558 Train for Technic sets, see below

Also to go with this, i am after other sets from the 45xx series, give me your offers. Please reply on medwards@ukonline.co.uk Home of the UK Technic Club Magazine Web site: (URL) models and going up Michael Edwards <medwards@ukonline.co.uk> wrote (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC at the NMRA National Convention

(...) The train yard sections are still "in progress". We're attempting to use the pneumatic system to remotely control the switches, so we can move trains around individually. (We've got breaks in the tracks so we can power each siding separately.) (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC at the NMRA National Convention

(...) sign with the "play to build". Great work! I also have a question. On picture #30 there is something one a switch, what's that, what the purpose? Martin (25 years ago, 28-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Wanted a 4558 Train for Technic sets, see below

Hello all I would like to know is there anybody out here on RTL or Lugnet, who has a 4558 Merto Train for trade. Must have a box, but insruction no prodlem. I have a copy of these. But i like like one and i will trade it for the following models in (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC at the NMRA National Convention

Please feel free to use my pictures, I'm glad I can contribute something to the cause. If you need originals, let me know. Paul (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC at the NMRA National Convention

Paul, it was a pleasure having you. The ribbon is the first place ribbon for GATS in December of 1998. The LaCrosse trophy is a wooden train given for "Club's Choice" of LaCrosse 1999. I just finished installing the ASPs on the new web server. (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC at the NMRA National Convention

(...) I think that was the LaCrosse train show ribbon? (...) I just took the pictures, many more thanks to the GMLTC for letting me behind the layout to get some better pictures. There were so many people around the layour it was hard to get (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC at the NMRA National Convention

On Pic21 what's the 1st place ribbon for???? GREAT pics BTW!!!! Thanks Paul for all the details you show us! (...) Build everyday! -Tamy Follow the bouncing boxes! (URL) (mirror site) Lego isn't a toy, it's a way of life! (25 years ago, 28-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC at the NMRA National Convention

(...) Uh, yeah. I think my ugly mug crack my monitor screen;-) <but the Hiawatha diner car looks great> -John Neal is: (URL) (brace yourself;) (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC at the NMRA National Convention

Have you worked your way down to the picture of yourself yet? (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC at the NMRA National Convention

Paul, Great photos!:-) I had *just* gone to your web site to see if you had had anything posted. Thanks for all of the work scanning those pups. -John (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC at the NMRA National Convention

I got my pictures back from the NMRA convention today and spent a while scanning. There are 53 pictures in the following directory: (URL) will be a while before I can do a web page on these pictures so I'm sure others can answer questions on the he (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: rail gun cars and cold war trains

(...) Wow, cool model!!! Have you seen his WWI tank. It rocks! (25 years ago, 27-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC NMRA pics

(...) Woh! Amazing. I specialy like the quary with the bridge and tunnels. Martin (25 years ago, 27-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC modules

(...) Thanks, I thought that was what the Extra plate might have been for. Eric Remove ".jawaspam" when replying by E-mail. (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC modules

(...) 20 bricks + 1 plate *below* the ties. The extra plate is used to simulate 'ballast' (the rocks that ties sit on in 'real world' trains...) J1 (remove the ".nospam" to reply, but you already knew that!) (25 years ago, 27-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC modules

(...) Hmmm... 20 bricks + 1 plate That is alot of basic bricks but for just one module I might be able to manage the expense in time although to have it all Red with some black mixed in, like most of what I saw of your modules would be harder. It (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: rail gun cars and cold war trains

(...) Erik Brok built a rail gun (along with lots of other cool stuff...). Check out (URL) to the trains section, then the rail gun model. Alan (25 years ago, 27-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC modules

(...) Most of our modules are 30"x45", 6 of the big grey baseplates. Mainline track height is 20 bricks plus 1 plate, outer track is 4 studs from the edge, then 2 studs between the tracks. We keep the 30" edges 20 bricks tall, so we can 'mix and (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC NMRA pics

(...) Actually, I didn't have anything to do with the display, since I live in upstate NY (the last time I made it to Minneapolis was for Steve's wedding almost two years ago). I just posted the URL here as Steve only posted it to RTL--he's the one (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC NMRA pics

(...) Actually, I didn't have anything to do with the display, since I live in upstate NY (the last time I made it to Minneapolis was for Steve's wedding almost two years ago). I just posted the URL here as Steve only posted it to RTL--he's the one (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC NMRA pics

Alan & all, WOW!!! What an awesome job! I am overwhelmed. Sigh, if only I had enough time! You guys should contact LG (TLG) and signify what you can do with non-juniorized sets and parts. What a stunning display. My hats and bricks off to you! :) (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  WTB Train Parts

I am looking to buy the following: Train Doors with glass: Black, Blue, Yellow, Gray, Red, White - $3.00 1x4x3 Train Windows with glass: Black, Red, Blue, Yellow - $3.50 Gray, White - $4.00 1x2x3 Train Windows with glass: Gray, Black, Red, Blue, (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jul-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  rail gun cars and cold war trains

I'm not very good when I comes to the train department, but has anyone ever built a rail gun car or one of those supposed Cold War bullet trains that the Russians transported missles with(one is in Mission Impossible) -Blake (25 years ago, 27-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC NMRA pics

(...) Great pictures I love it!!! I was just wondering if you all have any standards set up for Modular railroading (Something similar to n-trak(1) for you model Railroaders)? If so, is there somewhere I can find the spec's? If not is there interest (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  GMLTC NMRA pics

In case you missed it on RTL, Steve's website for the train show pics is at (URL) (25 years ago, 27-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 6399 Question

There is a 4-step building instruction for the black and grey platform of the last page of the manual once you fold out this page. Unfortunately these three 'pages' have not been shown at: (URL) I can rectify that in the next day or so. Grahame Reid (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4563 Load N' Haul Railroad (Train)

(...) I buy a lot of trains. Ask anyone. But I won't buy a pig in a poke. The parts could be crucial to the value of the set, or not. Besides, offers for sale of items should at least be CROSS posted to market.buy-sell-trade if not CONFINED to that (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC at the NMRA National Convention

Yes, as J1 said, we awed them. We literally are a crowd stopper. And when I say *we*, I mean it in the larger sense, as in all of us who build cool things out of Lego. What was so impressive was not anything we did specifically, but that we did it (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: GMLTC at the NMRA National Convention

Good because I won't have ours ready until sometime later this week. -john (...) front (...) detail (...) perfectly, (...) St. (...) shows (...) going (...) much (...) goals (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC at the NMRA National Convention

Steve has a Web page set up with pics from his digital camera. I've (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  6399 Question

Hello, I had a quick question about 6399, the Airport Shuttle. In the instruction booklet on page 28, there is a picture of a support (Black and Gray) to the left of the platform, however there are no building instructions for it... Does this (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC at the NMRA National Convention

(...) A number of times people were three deep around the layout. The best views were from inside the center of the layout though (thanks to John Neal). (...) No kidding, all the rolling stock was amazing. The stuff sitting in the yard was way cool. (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC at the NMRA National Convention

John Gerlach wrote: [snip] (...) Congratulations!!! Please post pics. - Nick - (25 years ago, 26-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dutch railways models

(...) I'ts a stiff (not flexible)technic hose that could be found in technic box #8277 (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC at the NMRA National Convention

(...) I think I might check into buying a copy of that myself. In the meantime, are you planning on scanning and posting the pics to the web? (25 years ago, 26-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC at the NMRA National Convention

Sounds very impressive. Are there any pictures of the event on-line? Congrats on what sounds like a great event. Eric (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  GMLTC at the NMRA National Convention

First of all, we ROCKED the NMRA show! We had a location right near the front doors, with great visibility. We had 30 - 40 people around the layout at almost all times through the entire show. I saw some big HO and N gauge layouts that were several (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce)

  Re: GMLTC Modules

Mike- A bit of advice-- if you are planning on running trains inside your layouts, you *will* need to construct a way to remove the "stuff" above where the track joins at the next section, otherwise you will have no way to make the connection. The (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: 4563 Load N' Haul Railroad (Train)

Sorry about this. I just want a quick sale. Parts are missing, so I figured only a train fan would want it. (25 years ago, 26-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4563 Load N' Haul Railroad (Train)

Were I you, I'd cancel these two posts, take a careful inventory of exactly what is missing, working from the kl scanned instructions, then post a FS to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade with a cross post to here that has more details. (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4563 Load N' Haul Railroad (Train)

It comes with: The engine & driver (complete) A fork-lift truck (which is quite cool) All the track. The controller (not the Fat Controller) Most of the parts to make the other rolling stock. (25 years ago, 26-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  FS : 4563 Load N' Haul Railroad (Train)

FS : 4563 Load N' Haul Railroad (Train) No Box. No In instructions. Some parts are missing. But despite all that, it is still a good set. If you are still interested e-mail me. -- Scott A Edinburgh, Scotland. (URL) (25 years ago, 26-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC Modules

John, Well, as I *am* running a train inside the module, I have to make it the full 20 bricks high. This thing is taking FOREVER and my mounds of 2x4s are quickly disappearing. I am hoping to (eventually) make 4 modules. I think I will need some (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Join the Jambalaya Boxes!

COME JOIN THE JUMBLE! 1. What is a jambalaya box? A jambalaya box is a collection of LEGO® elements. It is sent through the mail to different people. Each person takes out some pieces that they would like, and replaces them with pieces that others (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jul-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: GMLTC Modules

It takes an ungodly amount of bricks and time to construct a section. The quickest way to to pre-build your columns and lay them out so the honeycombing can go quicker. If I wasn't building to a already existing structure and I knew I wasn't going (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My new Engine: SD70M

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <379A43C5.BA18D314@v...er.net>... (...) red (...) Well, not to get too religious about this, but I certainly lean toward the 'purist' side of things. I do use plywood tables under my bricks (and I do it with a clear (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jul-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: My new Engine: SD70M

(...) I got your back Larry. Just point me at those decal using Lego-Atheists. :) Seriously, I don't even use the Lego Decals that come is sets. I used to throw them away but I now save them when I think of it just for potential trade value in the (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jul-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: My new Engine: SD70M

(...) Yes, I am a rebel without a cause. I secretly despise Lego, and that is why I routinely hack apart/paint minifigs. It is not even a medium for me. I just do it to anger others. Do not try and stop me. You can not resist. Join us, or we will be (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jul-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: My new Engine: SD70M

(...) Yes. And definitely would be impure. If you don't like Lego as a medium, don't use it. :-) Decals are for rebels who secretly wish they were modeling in a different medium. <HUGE FIGHT STARTING GRIN> (25 years ago, 24-Jul-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: My new Engine: SD70M

Nice job on the SD70M! What might work better for the logo than inlaid red bricks is to go to a hobby shop and pick up some good-quality decals to apply. It will definately give the engine a more prototypical look. -Tim (...) with (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jul-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Volume of 2-3 million bricks (was: GMLTC Modules)

Conan has his uncle Chuck. Properly fed and cared for, Chuck can sort way more than 1 brick a second. Trust me. Also, those 2.3 million bricks got sorted over the last 20 years (and a good 300,000 are not sorted as of right now) I dunno about (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Dutch railways models

Very impressive work Eric. All the details are impressive. Everytime someone picks out something else, I go back to the site to see what I missed. I really like the building out of tan bricks, I guess I'll have to buy more adventurers sets to get (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Volume of 2-3 million bricks (was: GMLTC Modules)

(...) bricks. >With bulk tubs, it might be easy. Try to sort, seperate and store 3 (...) times. (...) It's bad enough having about 2 cubic feet of unsorted LEGO ...and some of it is partially assembled stuff, which takes even longer to sort ...and (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Volume of 2-3 million bricks (was: GMLTC Modules)

Todd, Although your math is probably right on (I didn't double check), mine is also not far off. Mine is calculating the number of bulk tubs. It would 1,667 to 2,500 bulk tubs to have that many bricks. Granted, a bulk tub will hold about 2500 bricks (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Volume of 2-3 million bricks (was: GMLTC Modules)

(...) Hmm, that doesn't sound right. If a 2x4 brick takes up .35 in^3, then 10^6 2x4 bricks should take up something like 350,000 in^3, or about 200 ft^3, plus maybe 10%-15% for storage containers. So 3x10^6 2x4 bricks would only about 600-700 ft^3, (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Dutch railways models

In lugnet.trains, Eric Brok writes: , have a look at a sneak preview of just a few pics. (...) Great work Eric ! Thanks for the preview! (25 years ago, 23-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My new Engine: SD70M

On Fri, 23 Jul 1999 07:06:40 GMT (...) I think I understand now (I understood how you made the signs, but I didn't understand how that could be applied to a circular rose window). Please don't stop using LDraw though! If you need any help, please (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jul-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dutch railways models

(...) I believe that's a flex cable hose. They can be found in a number of Technic sets, i.e. (URL) 1999, these hoses seem to be replaces with some cheesy looking rubber "axles". I haven't had them in my hands yet, but they don't look to good, IMO. (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dutch railways models

Wow, amazing job, Eric. I can't wait until I can start building again! I feel inspired! Scott Sanburn (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC Modules

Mike- We just finished setting up the GMLTC layout at the NMRA National Convention earlier this evening--boy, is it cool! The new sections are AWESOME! Can't wait until wet post pix, MPEGS, the works to show y'all. (...) The modules stay in a (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  GMLTC Modules

Has anyone ever tried to make one of those train modules they use in the GMLTC? I am starting one and it is taking A LOT of bricks and also a lot of time. I cannon really imagine having 8, let alone Conan's 16. I was hoping to have it done before (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My new Engine: SD70M

(...) Okay now I just loaded Cad draw. I wish I'd known about this sooner. Give me a day or so and I'll make a quick mock up of a few ideas. (25 years ago, 23-Jul-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: My new Engine: SD70M

(...) Okay here's where I get to admit how computer illiterate I am. I don't even know how to do a dat post. I'll go try to figure that out after this. I was writing about "turning" Lego plates 90 degrees to achieve a finer way of lettering. (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jul-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: My new Engine: SD70M

(...) a (...) have (...) ribs. I'm not sure I understand how you did it. Could you explain a little more? (A dat post in lugnet.cad.dat.ideas would be even better) --Bram Bram Lambrecht / o o \ BramL@juno.com ---...---oooo-----(_...o---...--- WWW: (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jul-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: My new Engine: SD70M

I was wondering if this sort of "turning" the bricks thing had made the rounds. I actually used this techniquie to make a round window for a friend, but I still need to mail it to him (I've lost his address). I have seen a few wonderful Rose windows (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jul-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  RE: Dutch Railways models

(...) I disagree Larry. These are general enough in terms of how to do a LEGO scene that they deserve to be in .build. Also, I don't subscribe to .train... The buffers on the shunting engine look like that in Europe. Well, maybe they are a LITTLE (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Dutch Railways models

(...) but this is one of the better *scenes* I've seen. There is a lot of eye candy there (the stairs down, the rusted part of the roof, the stucco breaking away) for one to discover. 1 - except for the shunting engine. That's just weird. What is (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jul-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dutch railways models

OK, people I have decide I do not like because they keep making amazing models and make me feel inferior... Eric Brok, James Mathis, Joe Davenport Chris PS. Actually, I do feel inferior, but this does not make me dislike Eric, Joe, or James. I love (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My new Engine: SD70M

(...) You might want to use some of the technic tubing. Like what is used for the FLEX system, or even the pneumatic tubing. Dave (25 years ago, 22-Jul-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Dutch railways models

I made many pics of my Dutch railway station, featuring - Thalys high speed train - Dutch Hondekop train - Dutch freight car engine - Dutch shunting engine But I won't have time or opportunity to scan and arrange the pics for my site, until in three (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My new Engine: SD70M

Hmmm... This is a fascinating idea. I'm going to have to play around with this some. A while back there was a thread with similar ideas going around but it was all centered around making more intricate windows for cathedrals. The threw around (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jul-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: My new Engine: SD70M

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <3794F81E.274D756E@v...er.net>... (...) I've had several people send me comments about the small pictures. So, I tried again and I've got a little better pictures for the side shots[1]. Also, I've added a few more (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jul-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: My new Engine: SD70M

(...) This takes me back to childhood when I had this model train. Very nice detail. I have one small (and humble "trick" you might want)there is a way to do lettering where you turn plates on the side to get skinnier letters. It's sort of cheating (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jul-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: My new Engine: SD70M

THIS ENGINE ROCKS. Really. Raises the bar on engine detail and accuracy. Very nice. AND it's in WARBONNET!!! Need bigger pictures, though. My big beef is using those notched end 1.2x6 end railings on the side. Those are just wrong. Everyone does it, (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jul-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Permanent outdoor train

(...) Peco invented OO, no? How important is that, really? I'd say HO, N, Mantua couplers, Kaydee couplers and command control are all more important. Peco invented none of those, I don't think. (25 years ago, 20-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Zany Brainy Train Sale July 15-? (several days)

(...) Nope. That DUPLO set was the only LEGO in the store that was marked down. (25 years ago, 20-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral)

  Re: Using the 5120 switch?

The middle position is off, the other two positions are forward and reverse. (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Learning Express: New Toy Store at 28th and East Paris

(...) She was locking the door when we arrived. She was kind enough to let us in for a look around, and I didn't want to keep her long after a busy day. So I didn't look at everything. (...) I'd like to see everything that's not available from (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jul-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Learning Express: New Toy Store at 28th and East Paris

(...) We sort of know the owner, as she teaches at Nik and Taya's school. I told her I was glad to see her carrying LEGO, asked her about pricing. She claimed that her prices were lower than retail in some cases and that she would have some (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jul-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr, lugnet.trains)

  Using the 5120 switch?

Hello! As I have seen this part being used for automatic switches etc., then I expect that some will know how it works. Is it a 2 or 3 step switch. Just on/off or off and 2 directions? Sonnich. (25 years ago, 20-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact