 Trains / 1705
Re: GMLTC modules
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 17:26:44 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Gerlach writes:

Most of our modules are 30"x45", 6 of the big grey baseplates.  Mainline track
height is 20 bricks plus 1 plate, outer track is 4 studs from the edge, then 2
studs between the tracks.  We keep the 30" edges 20 bricks tall, so we can
'mix and match' the modules and still have the seams line up nicely.  The 20
brick height allows us to drop down for scenery, or to build underground or
underwater scenes, or just hide a lot of mechanical and electrical stuff!

Of course, we have a *huge* LEGO collection to build with, so these
'standards' might not be practical for most people...

John 1
(as always, remove ".nospam" to reply...)

Hmmm... 20 bricks + 1 plate That is alot of basic bricks but for just one
module I might be able to manage the expense in time although to have it all
Red with some black mixed in, like most of what I saw of your modules would be
harder.

It seems to me that you would need a minimum of 8 modules (4 corners + 1 per
side) for a circular layout with enough room in the middle for one or two
opperators (which would be tight).  Definitely something you need a group for
but the nice thing is each member could work on a module at home and the
modules are relatively small enough for travel so the layout can be set up for
meetings.

Definitely sounds like a good standard to me.  I may even start a module based
on your dimensions.  :)

The only question I have is the extra plate hieght.  Does that include the
plate included in the track for the Tie's -sp? or is that 1 plate beneith the
Tie's?

Thanks and again great work.

Eric