 Trains / Train Organizations / 94
Re: GMLTC Modules
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 15:29:59 GMT

Mike-

A bit of advice-- if you are planning on running trains inside your layouts, you
*will* need to construct a way to remove the "stuff" above where the track joins
at the next section,  otherwise you will have no way to make the connection.
The one place on our layout where the trains disappear into a mountain is all on
one section, and the track is permanently set down.  The connections to the
ajoining sections are out in the open.
Also, even our layout isn't entirely above 20 bricks.  The whole purpose going
up that high is so you can dip down *into* it to create landscaping, etc.  For
example, one module's track is coming along the full 20 bricks high and then
reaches the next which is only 5 bricks high.  So, a *bridge* is needed.

HTH,
John

Mike Poindexter wrote:

John,

Well, as I *am* running a train inside the module, I have to make it the full
20 bricks high.  This thing is taking FOREVER and my mounds of 2x4s are
quickly disappearing.  I am hoping to (eventually) make 4 modules.  I think I
will need some local help before I can get more than one done.  By the way,
one module is about totally useless.  No loop=no motion.  I will post some
pics when I get closer to being finished (maybe by August 3 or so).  I can't
even imagine how long it takes to decorate and cover the top of one with
things.  Fortunately, I found a few more silver aniv. buckets, so I can
hopefully finish this one with what I have.

Mike