 Trains / *10069 (-100)
  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) My apologies everyone, I totally underestimated the power of the (LEGO)Force. I'm very glad that Trains have a bright future, this has been my lesson in faith. -Harvey (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Monorail/Train Transit Terminal

(...) Yea i wouldn't even think about pulling a 10 year sticker off it would be a goner for sure.I like the design however.I at one time built a building for my monorail trains to "park at night or to get repaired".I used my switch track for a lead (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Monorail/Train Transit Terminal

I noticed that a portion of the sticker was off the piece, so I tried to gently pull that part up. Luckily, it came right up without any damage whatsoever. Even better, it left almost all of the discoloration and dirt on the brick rather than the (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) Exxx...xxxcellent. (...) So you know then? (...) MOCs at din? --Todd (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Monorail/Train Transit Terminal

Ah - I see that you are right. Unfortunately, I bought this set from someone else, who bought it from yet another person. It was that third person that applied the sticker impromperly. I'm afraid to change it now given that its almost 10 years old! (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) Yes. (...) Yes I can decisively say that. I think I did already, actually. (...) That kind of information would be covered under the NDA so I can't specifically comment. (...) After dinner the lot of us fested till pretty late, so at 2 AM when (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  (canceled)

  Re: Monorail/Train Transit Terminal

(...) I agree with the color scheme it looks good.I just like the whole combination of train/monorail building. (...) All i can say is "Great minds think alike" (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Monorail/Train Transit Terminal

Brad & Chris & All, (...) interesting sidebits. The monorail / train station is one I have been thinking about building as well. The white and red give it a bold look. What are all those Town Junior cars for underneath it? (...) Chris, this is (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message ... (...) I am happy to hear trains will be around. I would like to know why the female part of this group was left out. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.:((((( Rose (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Monorail/Train Transit Terminal

(...) you have the stickers on your little tower upside down. (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

Wow ! I (we, I should say) are soooo jealous...sounds like a rush. Did ya ask if they are ever gona make proper steam engine wheels, sorta like Ben's April Fools catalogue ? ( but then I suppose ya can't talk about that, eh?) Anyway Good goin' ! (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Monorail/Train Transit Terminal

This is a large station servicing both monorails and trains. The main index can be found here: (URL) overall shot is here: (URL) started out trying for an Art-Deco look, but I kept slapping on my favorite strange piece, and now it doesn't really (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) Awesome! (...) Ohohoo, when you say "the future of the product line," I assume you are referring to trains? If so, that sounds very encouraging! Can you say whether rumors of the train product line's demise are greatly exaggerated? Will be any (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Need 10 Red Plate, Modified 1 x 6 with Train Wagon End

"Jonathan Johnson" <lightfoot@earthling.net> wrote in message news:3a7c6994.559256...net.com... (...) There are two red ones in the 4555 Freight Loading Station ((URL) I used black ones in my version of the Santa Fe locomotive: (URL) Walsh - (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek writes: <snip> Forgot to crosspost to .direct ++Lar (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

I am under NDA so cannot go into a lot of detail, but I did want to post to say that and several other Lego Trains stalwarts have just completed the first ever LEGO(r) Train Summit. We have just spent Friday evening and all day Saturday meeting with (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains) !!

  Need 10 Red Plate, Modified 1 x 6 with Train Wagon End

I need 10 "Red Plate, Modified 1 x 6 with Train Wagon End". (URL) And yes they're all for one loco. :) Would anyone be willing to part with 10 or can someone tell me where I could procure them? Thanks! Next stop, Santa Fe! Lightfoot (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 7 wide

(...) Since going 8-wide I am down to one engine, but I do plan on making a second SD40-2 identical to my first one someday, but I was thinking the same along the same lines. In reality two SD40-2's could haul a train much longer than I'll ever (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Loads of new 8 / 6 wide MOC pix posted

(...) Wow, good looking stuff. Lots of new details in the railing and ladder category too. Nice hand rails, I guess you have a LOT of hookless pirates and evil adventurers now. Also, it looks like you have two SD90MAC's. I guess if you had a good (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: train tracks

(...) The curved 12v power tracks that fit in the middle of the rails will not fit on the 9v rails without a little filing. The extra sleepers on the 9v rails cause problems with some plastic bits on the bottom of the 12v 3rd rail. Also, because the (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 7 wide

(...) Thanks, I'm relatively pleased with it too! It actually wasn't an original idea though. Ben Fleskes used the same part (in yellow) for a Union Pacific F7. You can see it in the PNLTC gallery. Here's a direct link to the large picture of Ben's (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: O Winston Link passed away

(...) Yeah, might not me good for me to do that hey ;-) josh (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 7 wide

(...) I like the use of the Diver's round windows for the sides, looks cool. Josh (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 7 wide

(...) Small... Josh (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 7 wide

(...) The GMLTC has that covered too. My EP-2 Bipolar is 7 wide. Pictures coming soon... Steve [GMLTC] (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 7 wide

(...) I built an F7A that is 7 wide. I suppose that counts? In fact I built two A units and a B unit, so now I can run an ABA setup. Looks really neat too! The only problem right now is that my engine set is longer than the rolling stock I have to (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: O Winston Link passed away

(...) Nope, just this week. The New York Times posted the obituary today. It also retreads the marital problems he had late in life where he married and divorced a woman fifty years younger than him. He sued her saying that she essentially locked (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: roundhouse renovation completed

(...) I've been peeking at the pictures the last day or so as you've updated things and drooling. While I only have a 4565, I've always loved trains. The detail you've put into this is simply beyond words. I love all of the machinery you've put in - (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  roundhouse renovation completed

As visitors of brickshelf might have noticed, I have uploaded some new pics of the renovated engine roundhouse daily. (URL) the job is done and the roundhouse is finished (for the moment). Next step (in a few weeks) will be to motorize the (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: 7 wide

"Josh Baakko" <shi_web@hotmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:G83sDK.90K@lugnet.com... (...) Gianluca Morelli built at least one of those 7 wide, so now I know he's a Real Men :-) (URL) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Loads of new 8 / 6 wide MOC pix posted

(...) The hook hands work brilliantly and doesn't have the funny angle of minifig hands. The side rails of the SD90 have a piece of 14 gauge copper wire shoved down the middle to help keep the shape, but it doesn't expand the tube at all. The cross (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

John Gerlach wrote in message ... (...) I tried fitting minifig hands into the flex-tubing for handrails, and found that they are just slightly too big. Are the hooks a better fit, or do you use some method of expanding the hole in the tubing, Dan? (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: O Winston Link passed away

I dont know for sure but didnt Winston pass away a long time ago. In MR there was an article about him in '98 and said he had died. (...) I dont think so, on my latest trip to Alaska we stopped at Skagway (where the yukon gold rush was started) And (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: O Winston Link passed away

(...) Nope. He did take some colour photos. However, the vast majority of the night photographs are black and white photographs. I think that you probably shouldn't go wildly scanning in his images, because people get mad when you go doing that (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: O Winston Link passed away

(...) I can scan some of Link's photos if anyone would like, they are in some model railroad magazines. I think he only too B&W's too. Josh (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 7 wide

(...) Got any pictures? Josh (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Loads of new 8 / 6 wide MOC pix posted

Lookin' good! Big, powerful, well detailed. The silver grills adorning the sides of the subway car are great! The ladder on the caboose is very clever. If that's been done before, sorry I didn't notice. It looks very nice. I'm looking forward to (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Attention: Jim Rorstrom

(...) It's been 3 weeks without a response, so I'm cross-posting this to reach a broader group, in hopes of catching Jim's attention, or the attention of someone who knows what's up. James (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.people, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Loads of new 8 / 6 wide MOC pix posted

I like the SD90MAC, I had a 6 wide version of the SD90MAC, maybe i should go for an 8-wide version of the SD90MAC-H. My SD90 just didn't look good, it seemed small. Josh (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Loads of new 8 / 6 wide MOC pix posted

Dan, Sounds interesting. As long as you are soldering LEDs, maybe you could wire a blue one between the wheels and have it brush against contacts in the track intermittantly to create the blue arcing effect so typical of these trains. Now that would (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Loads of new 8 / 6 wide MOC pix posted

Great set of MOCs! It's so fun to be overwhelmed by an on slaught of MOCs. The capt'n hook handrails are great, although I don't think I can get any of those back from my prirate crazed 5 yr old son! And one on of my favorite pass times is to use (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  7 wide

Real men model 7 wide ;P SteveB :D (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Loads of new 8 / 6 wide MOC pix posted

(...) Yes, we decided to go with 6 wide for the subway cars since they're only going to viewed in profile anyway (those red windows are actually built into the side of one of the modules - you will not be able to see the subway stations from the (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Loads of new 8 / 6 wide MOC pix posted

(...) Yeah, the doors on the sides and ends. I acutally used a lot of dirty tricks in these cars in order to get the purple trim and stainless steel look. Dan (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Loads of new 8 / 6 wide MOC pix posted

(...) I just added a second picture, giving a side profile: (URL) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Loads of new 8 / 6 wide MOC pix posted

(...) The white thing in the background is the arched roof for the subway station. It has two rows of lights to illuminate the platform and station interior. Up above on street level will be the city, which will also have streetcars running through (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Loads of new 8 / 6 wide MOC pix posted

Dan, Very nice! Being from Chicago, I especially like the subway cars. Now what really caught my eye is the large white structure with all the 9v wires in the roof... what is that? -BMW (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Loads of new 8 / 6 wide MOC pix posted

(...) Actually, it is the 'hook' minifigure hand element. Dan does nice work - we like to have him around! JohnG, GMLTC (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  RE: Loads of new 8 / 6 wide MOC pix posted

(...) will have 8 wide trains and 6 wide subway cars? Cool! --Bram Bram Lambrecht bram@cwru.edu (URL) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

"Daniel Siskind" <blackened@visi.com> wrote in message news:G82L2J.571@lugnet.com... (...) silver/gray/purple (...) addition (...) The driver's cab is *BRILLIANT*!!!...!!! Iain (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Loads of new 8 / 6 wide MOC pix posted

(...) in (...) Looks like minifig box wrenches from the tool wheels. If I'm right I expect to see this technique on MANY more MOCs. Will (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

Dan, I really like your 6 wide subway car. Do you have any more pictures of that? Bryan "Daniel Siskind" <blackened@visi.com> wrote in message news:G82L2J.571@lugnet.com... (...) posting pix (...) for (...) ore (...) silver/gray/purple (...) (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Loads of new 8 / 6 wide MOC pix posted

(...) pix (...) the handrail stanchions?? I can't quite make out that top bit. I've had a GE Dash 8-40CW stewing in the back of my mind since completion of my GP38-2. I might just have to get around to working on it sometime soon. Nice set of cars. (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Loads of new 8 / 6 wide MOC pix posted

(...) pix (...) Regards, Ben (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Loads of new 8 / 6 wide MOC pix posted

I'm starting to figure out how my digital camera works and have been posting pix of some of my Train creations from the past six months / year. Highlights for 8-wide include EMD SD90MAC locomotives, double door box cars, a 110 ton ore hopper, (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: Exporting images from Track Designer

(...) Ummm, I actually prefer to use JPEG or PNG rather than GIF, because of the Unisys patent (read about it at (URL) There are libraries available for converting to / from these formats. Regards ROSCO (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Exporting images from Track Designer

(...) It's not quite the same thing. Unlike the PrintScreeen option I had to write code to support this feature! When you do want to save a lot of images you don't want to have to edit them each time. I did think about a Save As Image function but (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Bridges(Re: The Limacion track design is BUILT!)

where do you get a Pitsco/Datca catalog (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Bridges(Re: The Limacion track design is BUILT!)

"Brad Hamilton" <bhamilto1@home.com> wrote in message news:G7spqq.H3E@lugnet.com... (...) of (...) I finally got my 2001 Pitsco/Datca catalog and it shows several books on bridge design. I don't own any of the ones shown but if anyone out there (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: train tracks

"Daniel Staudt" <dstaudt@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3A786AE1.1081DB...ail.com... (...) Old train tracks are the same lenght but for the rest very different. One stretch of 12V track is build from two rails and three sleepers (2x8 plates (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  train tracks

question: are the train tracks of old (late 80's early 90's) the same size as current tracks? do the tracks fit together? to the cars fit on the tracks? thanks in advance (24 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: O Winston Link passed away

(...) This is quite a shame as he was a remarkable photographer. Recently in some magazine (the New Yorker?, Vanity Fair?) there was an article about the surprising number of great 20th century photographers who are still alive though quite advanced (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: I'm looking for ideas...

"James Powell" <wx732@freenet.victoria.bc.ca> wrote in message news:G80uIn.5JG@lugnet.com... <snippage> (...) up, 2 (...) You couldn't give me some more details about this so that I can look up the incident on the 'net. Quite an achievement to lose (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  O Winston Link passed away

Most famous for his photography of the N&W railway, along with sound recordings of the same, O Winston Link has passed away. (for those of you who don't know about him, he took flash photographs at night of railway scenes. For these photographs, (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC update: improved roundhouse (SNIR?)

(...) That building technik got even an own name recently: - SNIR-technik for "S"tuds "N"ot "I"n "R"ow. Has that been used in Lugnet before? It was just a fun mention in the German www.1000steine.de forum, but now it's used there more and more and (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: MOC update: improved roundhouse

Very cool, I especially like the layering and pushing the limits of lego geometry by angling stuff, like here with the tiles. (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: MOC update: improved roundhouse

(...) of (...) I have continued my work on the roundhouses interieur: New pictures are to be found from this site on: (URL) Regards, Ben (24 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: I'm looking for ideas...

(...) Nothing beats the Germans though. They lost a electric loco. It showed up, 2 power systems away, in Italy. Oops. And it was a _major_ headache to retreve. But, it took them like 2 _years_ to notice that it was missing. James (24 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: I'm looking for ideas...

(...) Great observation! This is true, at least in the US, for all large industrial concerns, but especially so for capital intensive industries like rails with large physical plant, and long lived assets which are so numerous that it is easy to (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: I'm looking for ideas...

Thing that jumps out about rail yards for me is that rail yards and stations are a evolutionary process. -Moved sheds(or just the posts) to disused rails that are unconnected and overgrown. -Heaps of rails and ties, parts of cars, engines and (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: I'm looking for ideas...

The Station should have lots of garbage cans, most of the stations i've been to allways seem to me messy, seems like they don't have janitors or something. Maybe even a few hobos or bums... Josh (24 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Americana - new building for PDX GATS

North Americana! (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Americana - new building for PDX GATS

(...) They're beautiful - Feel like sending any up north for Supertrain2001? Perhaps it would be easier to get some construction details to JamesB and he could replicate them locally? I think he still has room to fill. (...) They're even (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Exporting images from Track Designer

(...) Umm - Isn't that essentially the same thing? You're just using <Cntl> C instead of <Cntl> PrintScreen. I suppose it might save a bit of editing out of screen edges, but really a "Save As Image" function along the lines of a print preview would (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Canadian Trains from California?

(...) Can you get it to me within the next two weeks? SRC StRuCtures (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC update: improved roundhouse

Ben, Great job. Its all those little details that make it interesting. And now we know why all your MOCs look so good... your railroad supervisor sits at his desk all day invoking spells to build the railroad! :-) -BMW (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: MOC update: improved roundhouse

Hi Ben, Great work! I'm a big fan of those little details, it makes a creation so much more alive :-) I especially like the stairs: (URL) good use of that piece. -Frank (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  MOC update: improved roundhouse

Hi Folks, I have added some more details to my engine roundhouse from late 1999. It got now doors from Legoredo®, a side building with a furnace and especially lots of details in the inside. I have uploaded some first pictures at Brickshelf: (URL) (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build) !

  Re: I'm looking for ideas...

Thanks for the input :-) Heiner Berg has some nice signal poles I'll build. Holger's telegraph poles gave me the idea of building a scene where the poles are being build. I also like the billboard idea! I have the rest of the week to build so ideas (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: I'm looking for ideas...

Why not attempt something a bit more unique? Consider events or history related to your region or community. Maybe a unique industry or festival. If there's an upcoming flower or Spring festival, why not have everyone turned out for a parade? The (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: I'm looking for ideas...

in article G7xG78.6B2@lugnet.com, Frank Buiting at frank.buiting@infopulse.nl wrote on 1/29/2001 7:59 AM: (...) Pop machine. newwspaper rack. Telephone booths, with sound baffles that can be pulled down over the figs head (to muffle the sound of the (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Working brakes for Lego trains

(...) Didn't need to, like retainers on a real train, the whole thing was set into action before hand. I suppose, one could use a rcx with the rotation sensor to sense the speed of the train, and apply the brakes in proportion to the speed of the (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Working brakes for Lego trains

(...) Ah. Very neat. But, do you have a way of triggering it automatically if the train starts to run away down a slope? Jason. (24 years ago, 29-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MoC: The Limacion track design is BUILT!

"James Powell" <wx732@freenet.victoria.bc.ca> wrote in message news:G7w3zt.CJw@lugnet.com... (...) from (...) which is (...) one...but, I (...) (too (...) I tried to follow that same idea. Way back when(RTL days) I asked if anyone came up with a (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: I'm looking for ideas...

(...) A coal park, for refueling your steam engine can be build very quickly, just some walls, a dump a pile of loose black bricks in it, and put one of tose small cranes from set #4565 Freight & Crane Railway next to it to make it look realistic (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Working brakes for Lego trains

Without the small Pnumatic cylinder, I Ldrawed the trucks for my brakevan. Note, that this only shows one side of it fitted with brakes, whereas both must be fitted, and this requires lots of fine adjustment (as regards to gearteeth) to get it to (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: I'm looking for ideas...

Hi Frank, Congratulations! Showing your MOC's in a libary sounds very good! And your ideas to go into LEGO train and technic history is very nice. I would like to visit this libary, even if I couln't read any dutch ;-)) I build an easy telegraph (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MoC: The Limacion track design is BUILT!

(...) In this case, there is no need to. I'll see if I can Ldraw the trucks this afternoon, its a snow day. (...) (URL) photos of my 2 cities in Victoria. The 2nd one was in a 1 bedroom apartment, and it filled the living room (about 4 4x8 sheets (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: I'm looking for ideas...

(...) I would suggest to take a look at a model builders magazine or the Märklin catalogue. Some nice ideas to be copied are for e.g. on Heiner Bergs homepage: (URL) this ones: ;-) (URL) take a look at his genious trees: (URL) (24 years ago, 29-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  I'm looking for ideas...

Hi, The local library invited me to do a LEGO display (their display cabinets will be empty while waiting for the next exhibition material and they asked me do fill them in the meantime). More details about the display: I have access to two glass (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: MoC: The Limacion track design is BUILT!

(...) So how did you convert from train wheels onto a technic drive? (...) Oops! (Sorry Adrian!) I got lost in the message threads. (...) So, if Adrian's reading, how steep is the rise on the Limacion? (...) through that stuff. (...) I meant I'd (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MoC: The Limacion track design is BUILT!

(...) Ah, I was wondering about reversing the power setting too. Thanks for the info. Chris (24 years ago, 29-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MoC: The Limacion track design is BUILT!

(...) I'll sit down and Ldraw some of it, but not right now...I just don't have all that much time. It uses a small Pnumatic cylinder mounted in the car, driving down through a 2R curve (the 2x2 macaroni bricks, stacked) pivot point, to the Technic (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MoC: The Limacion track design is BUILT!

In lugnet.trains, James Powell writes: I tried most everything in the way of developing brakes for (...) A working brake van? I'm fascinated. Please explain. Fantastic layout by the way. It took a while for me to spot the (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MoC: The Limacion track design is BUILT!

(...) Na, all I need is a hole in the ground, with a house covering it :). I used to run the trains downhill at - throttle settings (in reverse), but the limit of traction could be reached with heavy trains. The good thing was that the grade was (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MoC: The Limacion track design is BUILT!

(...) Sounds like you need some dynamic breaks. I assume you kill the power on the downhill, but I was just wondering, what if the uphill and downhill parts of the track were separate from the mainline, and a resister was attached across the rails; (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MoC: The Limacion track design is BUILT!

(...) I think the best amount, if you can afford it in distance, is 15 bricks from base-first hit thing. This will give about 14 bricks clear from rail, which is enough to run all the stock lego stuff (including 4552). I had 12.6 on my current (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tapping into the Track's electricity

(...) Well, you could use roof lights from a 'Light & Sound' set, with the appropriate coloured cap on. Build it half in and half out of your rear wagon. It may flash a bit fast, and I'm not sure how it would work with track power so it may be best (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MoC: The Limacion track design is BUILT!

(...) Very impressive. How much room do you have between one layer of the spiral and the next? I've been toying with multi-layer layouts and I'm not yet positive just how much room to leave between layers. Also.. how long are you going to leave that (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact