 Trains / 9442
Re: Working brakes for Lego trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 23:27:37 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Powell writes:
Without the small Pnumatic cylinder, I Ldrawed the trucks for my brakevan.
Note, that this only shows one side of it fitted with brakes, whereas both must
be fitted, and this requires lots of fine adjustment (as regards to gearteeth)
to get it to work.  It does, however give the ideas behind the system.  It also
(Ben, take note) gives a way to transmit power down to a truck, without using
the same shaft for power transmission as for pivoting around.

http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dat/models/?n=1503

James

Ah.  Very neat.  But, do you have a way of triggering it automatically if
the train starts to run away down a slope?

Jason.