 Trains / 9468
Re: Exporting images from Track Designer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 03:34:39 GMT

Umm - Isn't that essentially the same thing?  You're just using <Cntl>
C instead of <Cntl> PrintScreen.  I suppose it might save a bit of
editing out of screen edges, but really a "Save As Image" function
along the lines of a print preview would be the way to go.  I expect
it's on the list of improvements for whomever volunteered to upgrade TD.

It's not quite the same thing. Unlike the PrintScreeen option I had to write
code to support this feature! When you do want to save a lot of images you
don't want to have to edit them each time.

I did think about a Save As Image function but there was a big problem. For
storing to the Web you really want GIF files not BMPs. I don't know how to
generate GIF files and my understanding at the time was you have to pay a
license fee to someone to build GIF saving functions into a program. Not an
option. I thought that being able to copy to a program that supports GIF was
more useful than saving BMPs and then having to load them into another
program to convert them.

Matt