 Trains / 9434
Re: MoC: The Limacion track design is BUILT!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 12:26:51 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Powell writes:
A working brake van?  I'm fascinated.  Please explain.

I'll sit down and Ldraw some of it, but not right now...I just don't have all
that much time.  It uses a small Pnumatic cylinder mounted in the car, driving
down through a 2R curve (the 2x2 macaroni bricks, stacked) pivot point, to the
Technic cam pieces via 2 sets of angle gears.  Kind of neat, but intricate.
It was worth about a motor for brake effect...but, a lot of fun.

So how did you convert from train wheels onto a technic drive?

The Limacion is NOT mine! (have to add that)

Oops!  (Sorry Adrian!)  I got lost in the message threads.

How steep is the rise you are using, James?
I used wood, rather than Lego.  Therefore, exact lego grade is unknown, but
around 1.3 bricks/section of track.  I had 12.3 space between the rail and the
closest objects (lego bridges, in fact).  This is not really enough (quite
for some of what I had built/gotten.  The 4551 is too tall for it with the
full pantograph arrangement, and so is 4552.

So, if Adrian's reading, how steep is the rise on the Limacion?

My city/layout can be seen at:
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/2049/LegoHTML/lego.html

Wow! that's a pretty big collection too.  Going to take a while to look
through that stuff.

(hmm...I was looking, but no real photos of the room as it was...ah well.
Much of the lego stuff is in there, but none of the room in total.)

James

I meant I'd like the space to lay out that much LEGO.  Plus that much LEGO
to lay out.  I'm in a small one-bedroom flat, and I'm awaiting my first 9V
train set.  I've already built a MOC wagon top, but I have no wheels,
buffers or engine to pull it yet...

Jason.