 Trains / 9435
9434  |  9436
Subject:
I'm looking for ideas...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 13:59:32 GMT

Hi,

The local library invited me to do a LEGO display (their display cabinets
will be empty while waiting for the next exhibition material and they asked
me do fill them in the meantime). More details about the display: I have
access to two glass cabinets with each 4 glass shelves. I planned to fill
one cabinet with LEGO sets (a few promotional sets, the LEGO dragon
sculpture, a shelf with the 8860 autochassis and the Super Street Sensation
sorta like mini LEGO history, a classic spacecraft etc.) The shelves can fit
rougly two-and-a-half big grey baseplates next to eachother.

The second cabinet I plan to fill with train MOCs (except the top shelf
which I reserved for a little LEGO train history with sets 725 and 7740)
I have the following models planned for each remaining shelf:
A trainstation with steamlocomotive and passengercoaches
A goods-station with a dieselengine and mailcars
An engine shed where a coach is being repaired and a signal tower.

Okay, now to the subject of this post: I have the main models (all on 1
baseplate each) ready but I'm looking for ideas to fill up 'empty space'.
What kind of details are nice near a train station or what kind of track
side objects can one find near an engine shed? I'm looking for small items
since I haven't got much time to build really large things. Ideas for
minifigs interacting with something or eachother would also be perfect for a
diorama like this. Any ideas?

-Frank

PS. pics of the trainstation:
and the warehouse (WIP pictures)