 Trains / 9433
Re: MoC: The Limacion track design is BUILT!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 03:54:32 GMT

James Powell wrote:

Sounds like you need some dynamic breaks. I assume you kill the power on the
downhill, but I was just wondering, what if the uphill and downhill parts of
the
track were separate from the mainline, and a resister was attached across the
rails; would this increase the LEGO motors ability to slow the train down?

Na, all I need is a hole in the ground, with a house covering it :).  I used to
run the trains downhill at - throttle settings (in reverse), but the limit of
traction could be reached with heavy trains.  The good thing was that the grade
was relatively short (about as long as my long passenger train).  The bad thing
was, that there was a 5 segment curve at the bottom...leading out into the
hallway, so when you _did_ manage a loss of control, it went onto the floor
about 2 ft below.  I tried most everything in the way of developing brakes for
my trains.  I now have a working prototype brake van, which solves many
problems (but still has some bugs of its own).  Lots of fun to experiment with.

James

Ah, I was wondering about reversing the power setting too. Thanks for the info.

Chris
--
PGP public key available upon request.