 Trains / 9503
Re: O Winston Link passed away
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 23:11:41 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Powell writes:

I can scan some of Link's photos if anyone would like, they are in some
model railroad magazines.  I think he only too B&W's too.
Josh

Nope.  He did take some colour photos.  However, the vast majority of the night
photographs are black and white photographs.   I think that you probably
shouldn't go wildly scanning in his images, because people get mad when you go
doing that (and I know, yes, the books are available through the library...).

Yeah, might not me good for me to do that hey ;-)
josh

I own a copy of (somewhat mistitled) "The Last Steam Railroad in America", and
would say put it on a xmas wish list.  (it's not my favorite railway book, I
perfer Tal y lyn Railway, by JIC Boyd myself), but it does have some wonderful
photographs.

I say somewhat mistitled, because it most certanly was not even the last all
steam show in the US, I think the honors go to one of the western or southern
logging railways.  Here in Canada, the honor goes (probably) to Kirkfield
Quarry, in Ontario.

James P