 Technic / 5232
Re: LEGO Legends
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 20:52:12 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Jennifer Clark wrote:

Selçuk Göre wrote:

856

(The yellow bulldozer from the late Seventies)

I built this recently from the instructions on Brickshelf and it is pretty
good, and was certainly a killer set in its time... but compared with some of
the more modern sets with pneumatics and so on I don't think it really holds up
so well. My concern would be that its popularity would be limited to oldies
like myself who were young when it was first released :-)

Well, yeah.  That's sort of the thing with the Legends idea.  Without
refering back to Brad's post, he mentioned that a Legends set would be
the first in a line or an early outstanding example.  This is a problem
with Technic, because the outstanding examples are more from the
mid-90's.  The Expert Builders sets pale in comparision to later sets.

So, which is more of a legend -- 956 or 8880?  Which is more of a
Legend?

Steve