 Technic / 5226
Re: LEGO Legends
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 16:41:33 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Selçuk Göre writes:

Jennifer Clark wrote:

"Fredrik Glöckner" wrote:

Perhaps Unimogs are not so common in the UK?

I've certainly not noticed many (any?) of them kicking about here,
although I am prepared to be proven wrong on this. I gather they are
popular in construction and agricultural use, but I've never come across
them in that capacity either. The reason I thought the Lego model was odd
was that it didn't quite look like a "proper" tipper truck, and I had
never seen a tipper truck with a digger bucket on the front either!

Here, they (The Mercedes Unimogs) are mostly used by military as a
transport mainly, but also for too many other purposes (from field
ambulance to airport fire engine), but our highway repair department
also have quite much of them, mostly used to open roads (in the exact
configuration as modeled in 8848) that covered with snow. They have also
quite other configurations, one of which is very similar to small town
set "6667 Pothole Patcher". This tough truck always been my dream
vehicle, though I never saw any non-military/non-state-owned versions
around, not that I can afford it if any civilian versions would have
been available..:-)

Selçuk

I read an article late last year that Unimog was preparing a consumer
vehicle to be sold as an SUV in the US. Shudder.