 Technic / 5215
Re: LEGO Legends
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 13:16:57 GMT

Jennifer Clark <jen@vulture.dmem.strath.ac.uk> writes:

Aha! Suddenly it all makes sense! I remember when they released
this set thinking "what on earth is that supposed to be?"; it
seemed to be a real hybrid type of vehicle the like of which I'd
never seen before. But sure enough, it does bear an amazing
resemblence to a Unimog. I think I like it now :-)

Perhaps Unimogs are not so common in the UK?  I remember recognizing
it at once as a child.  I didn't know that it was called "Unimog", but
I did know that it looked like "those large lorries used by the road
construction guys"...

I've always thought that the 8846 tow truck looks like a Land Rover.
I dunno if it is actually made to look like one, though.  Do anybody
else think it looks like the Land Rover?

Fredrik