 Technic / 5198
Re: LEGO Legends
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 17:41:44 GMT

Just curious: what year were you born?

Duq

"Fredrik Glöckner" <fredrik.glockner@bio.uio.no> wrote in message
news:qrdelsrjfvx.fsf@eos.uio.no...
Selçuk Göre <ssgore@superonline.com> writes:

8855 has a unique propellor, 8868 has an older type 9V motor, 8859 has
older engine cylinders (or engine squares..:-) which probably hard to
manufacture again. So my personal choice and bet of a Lego Legend is:

856

The bulldozer has, like, two functions?  You can push it along, too,
though.

And both the functions use the same principle, a sliding rack which
pushes a lever.  Honestly, I think this is a rather boring display of
technic functions, especially considering the number of parts in this
set.

I'd say there are lots of more recent sets with a better display of
technic functions.  Take the 8846 Tow Truck as an example.  It has
roughly the same number of parts, and a lot more functions.

The plates on the bucket of the 856 bulldozer are also prone to
falling off when playing with it.  The same problem applies to the
parts that connect the bucket to the boom.  Hence the model is
virtually unplayable.

The boring looks and compact basic brick/technic brick composition
also makes it rather unattractive, in my opinion.

Fredrik