 Star Wars / 2942
Re: Questions (possible spoiler)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 1999 21:53:39 GMT

James Brown <galliard@shades-of-night.com> wrote in message
news:FD2H3G.8z8@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.starwars, Kevin Bane writes:
James Brown <galliard@shades-of-night.com> wrote in message
news:FD0oHC.7uq@lugnet.com...

<blink>  Really?  I recall that exchange being much more along the lines • of
"how did we get out of that", and Ben replying "the weak-minded are easily
influenced"  I have absolutely no recollection of justification in that
scene... hmm, have to check that when I get home tonight.

It may have been the book or maybe even the radio version, but I am pretty
sure that it was in there.  I can't remember exactly how it went, but Luke
said something like "I thought we were dead for sure." and then Ben says
"The Force has great influence on the weak minded, but should never be used
lightly."

I checked the movie, but the version I have cuts away from Ben right after
he said "minded", and then all you see is Luke nodding, but I remember
hearing him say it, mainly because of the way he said "lightly",  so it
might have been in the radio verision.