 Star Wars / 2909
Re: Questions (possible spoiler)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 1999 00:43:24 GMT

Selçuk <teyyareci> <sgore@nospam.superonline.com> wrote in message
news:FCzxF7.5Ho@lugnet.com...

Don't you think that you are going for honesty more than enough?

I don't think so.  What he did and how he did it reminds me of the scene in
SW where Vader chokes the guy using the Force, saying "I find your lack of
faith in the Force, disturbing...."

They are in a battle of good (i.e. innocent - naboo/gungan people) and • evil
(trade federation). Do you think that profit of a salvaged parts seller • scum
is as important as a planet full of creatures future, and considered as
same? Actually he tried it in a very acceptable way.

In a word, yes.  I DO think it was as important.  How many times did QGJ say
"If it is the will of the Force" or some such?  If he was so high and mighty
with the Force, he should have put more faith in it that something else
would make itself available to get them out of their situation.  Surely in a
planet that seemed to be mostly scavengers there were other junk dealers.
Watto seemed awfully eager to get their ship.  They MIGHT have been able to
sell it to him (a ship the whole Trade Federation was looking for)and make
enough to book passage off planet (on a ship the Trad Federation was NOT
looking for).

Which raises another question:  How did Darth Maul know where to find them?

Additionally, I can't see anything wrong with tricking someone who tries • to
trick you...:-)

But Watto did not try to trick him.  He just was a good reader of people,
and just happened to have what a guy desparately needed to get his ship
going.  Of course, since you are familiar with that in most societies the
worth of something is relative to how badly you need it.  So you can figure
that Watto was going to go for as much as he could get out of him for the
parts.  Dishonest?  Definately.  A trick?  *I* don't think so.  I think I
would be REAL wary if I went to a junk dealer and he accepted my first
offer.  THEN I would wonder what kind of trick he was trying to pull....

Kevin B
aka Battlehammer