 Star Wars / 2862
Re: Questions (possible spoiler)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 18:17:16 GMT

Trying to get a business-being to accept an invalid form of payment is just
evil.<

Actually, his money WAS legit. What he didn't understand was, even though
they were technically in Republic territory.. they were so far away, that no
one placed much value in the currency.. Hard goods were much more valuable.
Just like water in Mad Max. If it's not useful, it's not valuable.

Something occurred to me while reading the novel too... Qui-Gon swiped a
power pack for the pod racer from Wattoo's shop. I hate to admit it, but he
really WAS a thief. Heck... I think you're right... why not just sneak in at
night and take what they need?

He's a Jedi dangit! He doesn't have to answer to anyone! (except Yoda and
Sammy)

--Geoff