 Star Wars / 2826
Re: Questions (possible spoiler)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 6 Jun 1999 03:13:32 GMT

On 6/5/99, at 10:31 PM, Kevin B wrote:

Possible spoilers below!  You have been warned!

I have some questions.

1. Didn't QGJ "win" both Anakin and his mother on a bet with Watto and his
"chance cube"?  I was distracted at this point by someone asking me if • they
could have some money to buy something to drink.

No there were two colors on the cube. The one color that came up(blue?) was
for Anakin, the other color(red?) was for his mother.

2. Didn't he use the Force for a favorable outcome?  Isn't that kind of a
no-no since the jedi are the "Keepers of Peace and Justice" (at least it
said so during the opening scroll)?  Even though Watto was a conniving
scumbag, that didn't give QGJ reason to do it, IMO.  And if he did it so
that he wouldn't have to carry the extra baggage of Anakin's mother, that
would be an even bigger no-no.

I think he did it because he sensed that the force was strong in him and
wanted
to give him at least the chance to appear before the Jedi council and then
maybe
to even become a Jedi.

3. Also didn't he try to use the Force against Watto so that he could
"cheat" him by giving him worthless money?  Once again, wouldn't that be a
no-no?

It was only worthless on that planet. Watto could use it on other lanets
which
he would never visit :)

4. Once again, didn't he use the Force to dupe the Gungan king into • helping
them, instead of using the "powers" of diplomacy?

No, I don't think he did at this point, but I may be wrong.

Seems to me that QGJ was doing a lot of what most would call dishonest, if
not downright evil, things with the Force.

Depends how you look at it I guess.

Ryan
"Build or build not. There is no try." - Lego Master Yoda