 Space / 371
Re: News on the 2000 space line!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 15:42:29 GMT

In lugnet.space, John Gerlach writes:
In lugnet.space, Tobias Möller writes:

Jot and Jab skrev i meddelandet ...
In lugnet.space, Tobias Möller writes:

Guess what they answered:

"The space line for 2000 is secret."

OooooooooH!!!
Secret! Call in the MIB!!!!

The pessimist in me believes that TLG is referring to their Star Wars • line-up.
The "Space Line" could very easily be interpreted as "Star Wars Line."

No no no, we have had a disscussion about this and Star Wars is *not* Space.
SW is "Sci-Fi" like aquazone. How can something without airtubes and real
helmets be Space? That little luke fig would die if he opened his cockpit in
space.

As I've heard it from some knowledgeable people, according to TLG's contract
with Lucas, Star Wars *IS* Space.  LEGO can't put out any "flying spaceships"
other than Star Wars sets, for the entire time of the contract.  (four more
years?)  They might be able to put out a Non-S.W. base of some sort, but no
spaceships.  I'm not certain about wheeled vehicles, though...

Yeah sure.
Maybe TLG'll make a them called Basetron.  Solid bases and tanks.
How about hovering tanks that look a lot like spacecraft and the can hover as
far as they want?  Can TLG make that?

JohnG
(can the '.nospam' to reply...)