 Space / 351
Re: News on the 2000 space line!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 00:28:43 GMT

Parallax wrote in message ...

The people who write letters and answer the phones over in Enfield or • Billund
usually don't know 99% of the finer points that über-nerds like ourselves • are
privy to.  I'm willing to bet that his/her usage of the term "space" was • just a
generalization used by an unkowing but well-meaning peon, which lumped SW • in
with the rest of the lot.

I think that we uber-nerds know a little too much for our own good.... and
speculate a thousand times as much. I don't blame them for trying to keep
their lives as uncluttered of our meaningless trivia as they do. I mean,
they've got a bunch of meaningless trivia of their own to worry about.

SW sets are great, especially for parts, but when it comes down to it I
would prefer some original TLG Space designs. With a license/tie-in comes
awkward obligations to limit what you can see in a set, and frankly I miss
seeing original designs because every bit of inspiration I get from others
(even TLG) is precious to me. That's why I always prefer to see peoples'
MOCs as opposed to their "perfect rendition of the Millenium Falcon"[1].

Dave (jot and

HA!!!! You tried to stop yourself, but gave it away!!!!
"Parallax"?..... "Jot and Jab"?....  Never in the room at THE SAME
TIME?......

Paul
[My page: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Shuttle/5168/  Update soon]

[1] Not that that's not impressive. I _did_ say PREFER, after all.