 Space / 344
Re: News on the 2000 space line!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 16:53:19 GMT

Man, this has gone too far :-)
Alex wrote:
Yes.  Spaceport is space, but not Space. (as other people have said before)

But tell me this:  Would you really say if something is Space or space JUST
because they have helmets and airtanks?  Like in the game Episode 1 Racer, • you
can podrace on an asteroid.  With Anakin.  His helmet doesn't even go all • the
way around his head, and he goes fine!

But that´s a computer game, that has nothing to do with LEGO!

My point is, if Space (with a capital S) were futuristic, couldn't they • have
found some way to survive on Atmosphereless planets WITHOUT airtanks and
helmets?!

Then it would be sci-fi. It is science fiction to be able to live like that,
but it is Space when you have airtanks.

The reason Rebel pilot's helmets don't fully enclose their heads is because
they have a life suport system, and the Imperial ships do NOT!!!

Inside the ships, yes, but if Luke opens his cockpit the vacuum would make
his blood boil as he is freezing to death in the cold space.

Think "Future, future" before you say anything like that!!!  And did you
notice, in Episode 4, that when Han and Luke are gunning, they are open to
empty space (with a lowercase "s")!

Well, but that´s a movie. In star Trek, after a hull breach, Scottie is
standing without a space suit and is looking out through the hole! I think
they have force fields, though. And what makes you think that the
"space-gunning" episode was in space? If you look up at the skies a clear
night it´ll look like space. They could have been on a planet at night-time.
Besides, since SW is taking place in another galaxy with lots of different
races, it´s Sci-fi.

--Tobias

Am I making any sense!!!???

Gotta go.