 Space / 326
Re: News on the 2000 space line!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 31 Oct 1999 06:23:34 GMT

Jot and Jab skrev i meddelandet ...
In lugnet.space, Tobias Möller writes:

Guess what they answered:

"The space line for 2000 is secret."

The pessimist in me believes that TLG is referring to their Star Wars • line-up.
The "Space Line" could very easily be interpreted as "Star Wars Line."

No no no, we have had a disscussion about this and Star Wars is *not* Space.
SW is "Sci-Fi" like aquazone. How can something without airtubes and real
helmets be Space? That little luke fig would die if he opened his cockpit in
space.

However, the optimist clings to the same rationale that makes me wonder • why, if
there are no UFO's, the U.S. Government blacks out so many "weather balloon
sightings" as being "Classified."  What's so important about a weather • balloon
that it's a matter of national security?  Just like this case, where if the
"Space Line" refers to "Original, Non-Licensed Creations," then there would
be no reason to keep it a secret unless there was something being • developed.
:-)

Wow! A great explanation. I think this was what I had in mind too.

--Tobias

What tragic irony it would be if Lego was merely making a "Weather Balloon
Line."  Well, now I've gone and bewildered myself.  It's too early...

Dave