 Space / 362
Re: News on the 2000 space line!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 06:29:46 GMT

<SNIP>
No, the LEGO Star Wars product line at minifig scale isn't a theme, it's a
System.  Play themes are subcategories of Systems.  Aquanauts is a play
theme within the Aquazone System, for example.  Time Cruisers and Time
Twisters are play themes within the Town System.  Ninja is a play theme
within the Castle System.  Insectoids and UFO are play themes within the
Space System.  LEGO Star Wars is a separate System from LEGO Space.

Really? I´ve always said "space theme", "castle theme" etc. The system, I
thoguht, was all sets with small bricks (duplo is not system). Then, inside
the space theme, were several sub-themes like Blacktron. So, if Space is a
system, and Blacktron is a theme, then what is Classic space? It can´t be a
theme then, since it was no sign on the boxes saying "classic space", it was
just a planet. So classic space is a system, isn´t it? In my point of view,
classic space would not be a sub-theme, since I don´t think TLG intended to
make other types of sets at first.