 Space / 350
Re: News on the 2000 space line!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 07:05:17 GMT

Alex wrote...
In lugnet.space, Tobias Möller writes:
Man, this has gone too far :-)

Yes, but you have to agree, it is fun saying a whole bunch of junk that no • one
cares about. =) • You took the words right out of my mouth ;-)

Alex wrote:
Yes.  Spaceport is space, but not Space. (as other people have said • before)

But tell me this:  Would you really say if something is Space or space • JUST
because they have helmets and airtanks?  Like in the game Episode 1 • Racer,
you
can podrace on an asteroid.  With Anakin.  His helmet doesn't even go all • the
way around his head, and he goes fine!

But that´s a computer game, that has nothing to do with LEGO!

It's also an N64 game, and it's cool!  I'll bet I can beat you at it!

We´ll see about that! Okay, so I haven´t got it yet, but when I get it...
and when Nintendo releases network capabilities for n64, I´ll beat you!

My point is, if Space (with a capital S) were futuristic, couldn't they • have
found some way to survive on Atmosphereless planets WITHOUT airtanks and
helmets?!

Then it would be sci-fi. It is science fiction to be able to live like • that,
but it is Space when you have airtanks.

It is not space when you have airtanks.  It is simply "can't survive • without
them" when you have airtanks.  The UFO are Space (capital S), and they • don't
have airtanks.  In space (lowercase), you would need airtanks, except when • you
are on a planet with Atmosphere that you can survive in.  TLG should make a • new
theme to end all these argumets called "Sci-Fi-Die" as in Space (uppercase)
with out airtanks or helmets (or space suits, for that matter :) That way, • the
people who are crazy about airtanks and helmets can buy Space, while the • rest
of us can buy space: as in Sc-Fi-Die.

That´s right. Space = airtanks all the time, if not you die. space =
airtanks sometimes. Sci-fi = everything else.
U.F.O -is that really Space? I can´t see the space logo anywhere near those
sets in my catalogue. But they are aliens, not humans, and therefor probably
can surevive without those stuff.

I think they keep their oxygen supplies in their big ugly helmets.

I'm waiting for some more decent Space or space themes.  I'd rather have • Space
then space (star wars).  There should be themes with no BURPs or POOPs • (what's
a CRAPP?) or Town-Juniorized.  I've seen a 5 year old build a town junior • set
in five minutes flat.  So all the Town Junior sets should be changed to
Town-Toddler (screw duplos), and make a new Theme (sub-theme, i dunno) • called
Town Semi-Junior.  That way it would take a 5 year old about ten minutes to
build a set.  Darn.

What´s a POOP? And a CRAPP? CRAPP maybe "Crappy Red And Pink Parts" but I
doubt that.

Kill the SW contract.  More Space not Space that should be space but is
considered Space because it is sci-fi and sci-fi usually is space.  (pay • close
attention to the uppercase and lowercase Ss)

Yes. Real Space as in "space theme" and not as in "star wars" and "launch
command".

The reason Rebel pilot's helmets don't fully enclose their heads is • because
they have a life suport system, and the Imperial ships do NOT!!!

Inside the ships, yes, but if Luke opens his cockpit the vacuum would make
his blood boil as he is freezing to death in the cold space.

Think "Future, future" before you say anything like that!!!  And did you
notice, in Episode 4, that when Han and Luke are gunning, they are open • to
empty space (with a lowercase "s")!

Well, but that´s a movie. In star Trek, after a hull breach, Scottie is
standing without a space suit and is looking out through the hole! I think
they have force fields, though. And what makes you think that the
"space-gunning" episode was in space? If you look up at the skies a clear
night it´ll look like space. They could have been on a planet at • night-time.
Besides, since SW is taking place in another galaxy with lots of different
races, it´s Sci-fi.

--Tobias

Am I making any sense!!!???

I guess I wasn't.

Gotta go.

Alex "fuuuuture!" Roode

Oh, and did I mention that if you multiplied the circomference of an orange • by
pi, then divide that by the exact pulsating sub-atomic rate of the • particles in
the space-time continuum...?

Yes, yes.  Take the number you get from the above calculation, program your
VCR with it, and you can watch any channel you want for free. It´s fun, safe
and all you have to do is to study some really advanced math.

Speaking of sub-atomic particles, I was looking at the SW "Incredible cross
sections" pic and stats of the Falcon, and I found something like this:
"Many other ships have tried to go this speed without the mods., and have • blown
themselves into subatomic particles."

Oh well.
I guess I'm still not making any sense again.

No :-)

--Tobias
Bye,
aroode