 Space / 1027
Re: News on the 2000 space line!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2000 04:17:39 GMT

Z wrote:

In lugnet.space, Tobias Möller writes:
Yes. I don´t consider Star Wars space, but since we already had several
disscussions about his, I won´t start another one.

Too bad that it´s just more SW, but we will just have to face the fact that
space is dead since long, and sadly, town is going the same way...

--Tobias

Z wrote...
In lugnet.space, Tobias Möller writes:
I mailed LEGO and asked them:

"I like the classic space sets. Will you make them again, perhaps this
year?"

Guess what they answered:

"The space line for 2000 is secret."

Did you read that? *secret*. If they not were going to make them again, • then
they would have said that. "No, we will not make them again." But, they
answered "secret". They said that the catalogue will come out in December
(in Sweden) and I will definately cross my fingers for this....

--Tobias

IMO, space isn't dead, it's just renamed as Star Wars.  And, unfortunately,
Lucasfilm will release, in the future, SW episodes 2 and 3.  That could mean no
Space for 10 years.  Then, what about those gobs of novels that follow Return
of the Jedi?  In about 10 years [if no Thrawn trilogy, about 15-20 years if
so], Space may be up for grabs...

<sarcasm>
"Oh goody, it's *just around the corner*!"  *happy dance*
</sarcasm>

Retch.  At least the SW sets are good parts-wise--if I had to choose between the
Star Wars sets and more Insectoids crud, I'm so far in favour of the former that I
can't even see the other side of the scale.

best,

Lindsay