 Space / 343
Re: News on the 2000 space line!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 16:30:03 GMT

"John Gerlach" <john.gerlach@bestbuy.com.nospam> writes:

As I've heard it from some knowledgeable people, according to TLG's
contract with Lucas, Star Wars *IS* Space.  LEGO can't put out any
"flying spaceships" other than Star Wars sets, for the entire time of
the contract.  (four more years?)  They might be able to put out a
Non-S.W. base of some sort, but no spaceships.  I'm not certain about
wheeled vehicles, though...

Well, both Space Port and Rock Raiders feature flying vehicles.  They're
not "space ships" in the "ordinary" form we know them, though.  Space
Port only have realistic looking rockets and shuttles, while Rock
Raiders has small hover vehicles and one with propellers.

Perhaps Rock Raiders will go "arctic" next year?  "Ice Raiders"?

Fredrik