 Space / 23948
Re: Space Fun...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 28 May 2003 18:10:10 GMT

In lugnet.space, John P. Henderson wrote:
   In lugnet.space, John Henry Kruer wrote:
   What is your name?

John Henderson, aka Hendo, Galactic Mediator, Pharaoh of ShipConia, Uniter of the Two Systems, and All Around Cool Guy

:)

   How old are you?

30.

   What does real life mean for you?

As I said in .castle, this is a deep question, and I don’t think I have the time or space to answer it fully here. Unless you are asking this in the sense of “what do you do in real life?” in which case my answer is that I work as an Inventory Analyst for a candle manufacturer, have a wonderful girlfriend, and enjoy gaming, clubbing, hiking, drumming, and driving my MR2.

Yeah, I guess thats what I meant.

   Favorite Other MOC?

As with castle, there are too many great space builders, each with their own style and scope, to really say one is better than another. To point at just one, the first that comes to mind as an old favorite is actually one of the smaller designs, JHK’s Nightshadow: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=26649

Thank ye. I’ve always liked it, it was a far better MOC then I usually built back then. I still have it, and I think I’ll rebuild it.

   And oddly, some Civilization II scenerios have some interesting stuff. Although I doubt any of you, except perhaps Lenny, know what I’m talking about.

Dude! You can add me to the list with Lenny. Civ2 is positively my favorite PC game ever...

I’m not alone... yay. So odd, considering that Civ2 is pretty old by now... (~1995)

   What would you like TLG to do with the Space line, after it goes over its Star Wars hangover?

As with castle, it would be neat to see sets that allow the builder/child to develop their own storylines, as happened in Classic Space and Futuron. A subtheme with no clear bad-guy, a choice of a few simple/generic uniforms, and a mix of exploration, civilian, and military vehicles/bases would be good. I think that a Futuron-like series would fit this nicely.

Other things I think would sell: -Crater Plates! -A modular-Space-City series (ala Moonbase) -Advanced Collectors Series with capitol ships that are not SW.

Good ideas, I really think that a moonbase-like project would be good and easy to do. It would be an interesting thing for Lego to work on...

-JHK