 Space / 23872
Re: Space Fun...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 26 May 2003 03:58:24 GMT

Its been sort of quiet here lately, too.  No posts in over a day!  So I'll
just do something like they're doing in castle.  Just so we can prove how
much better we are.  Just kidding.  :)

all right then, I'll bite  ;-p

What is your name?
=Travis Lance the 3rd Matheson.  or Trav, either/or...

How old are you?
=26

What does real life mean for you?
=finding a job that pays well enough for my Lego collection to explode

Favorite Space set?
=tough one, what does one gauge their response on?
I would have to say 6951 Mission Control Robot (or Robot Command Center for
those outside Australia)  I had so much fun with this set as a kid

Favorite Personal MOC?
=Well, I would say it would be my Walrus System
Shuttle.  http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/batwing/walrus/ when moderated

but my Starcraft stuff is a very close second

Favorite Other MOC?
=so many to choose from.  designers like Paul Baulch, Jon Palmer, Mark
Sandlin, etc have some very very excellent stuff out there.  but the last
MOC I looked at and was quite impressed was the HES Olgas by Richard Parsons.
http://www.ozbricks.com/portblock/yar/022.htm

What is a project you'd like to do but just don't have the bricks?
=I've had some large Starship/Destroyer ideas that I would like to do but I
don't have the
a) bricks
b) know how
yet...

What type of space inspiration do you use?
= TV, Computer Games, other MOC's  anything from around me

oh and John, Civ 2 indeed has some cool ideas in it.  though it takes so
much building time away....

What would you like TLG to do with the Space line, after it goes over its
Star Wars hangover?
= I would like to see a generalised Space line like Futuron, Classic
Space.  where all sorts of vehicles can fit (shuttles, research platforms,
miners, survey craft etc...)

Link for your models- ie Brickshelf, or a website
= Brickshelf http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/batwing (stuff goes to here
for now)
website http://www.ozbricks.com/batwing (my website but I'm doing a
complete overhaul on it at the moment, so it will not be updated for a while)

Trav (-|-)