 Space / 23879
Re: Space Fun...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 26 May 2003 20:01:00 GMT

In lugnet.space, John Henry Kruer writes:
Its been sort of quiet here lately, too.  No posts in over a day!  So I'll
just do something like they're doing in castle.  Just so we can prove how
much better we are.  Just kidding.  :)

Rasafrassin' web interface...lost my last post to this thread.

What is your name?

Gil 'Still in da 80's, baby' Shaw

How old are you?

A grumpy ol' 30

What does real life mean for you?

'A nice, clean, well lit place.'

Favorite Space set?

Oddly, I'd have to say the Space Supply Station.  It came along at just the
right time in my childhood that will always endear it to me.

Favorite Personal MOC?

Jeez...I dunno. I've never been completely happy with anything that I have
built to date.  I suppose that one of my first posted MOC's has been one of
my faves...the ETV
http://home.cogeco.ca/~sshaw/Toradoch/xx_Toradoch_Ind_etv.htm

Favorite Other MOC?

Too numerous to list, but aside from the other ones mentioned upthread, I
have always liked Jamie Neufeld's Tigerfish , Todd Trotter's Sighthound and
Paul Hanson's Planetoid Prospector.

What is a project you'd like to do but just don't have the bricks?

A mining ship like the one in Alien.

What type of space inspiration do you use?

Everything from scifi to anime, to natural forms/animals, tools...anything
with an interesting shape that relates to it's function
What would you like TLG to do with the Space line, after it goes over its
Star Wars hangover?

I would like to see a 'streaming' of lines like in the mid-late
80's...M-Tron, Blacktron, SP etc.  Basically anything that sets up a
continuity to build on.  Chris G's PCS is a fine example of this concept
done right.

Link for your models- ie Brickshelf, or a website

http://home.cogeco.ca/~sshaw/Toradoch/ToradochHome.htm

Cheers,
-G