 Space / 16944
Re: Defining the term "Capital Ship"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 31 Aug 2002 16:53:30 GMT

"Trevor Pruden" <trevor_pruden@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:H1oz95.CKr@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.space, Jude Beaudin writes:
What is the minimum length (studs) of a 'capital ship'?

I follow the Shipyards (Jon Palmer's) site minimum stud lengh • specification
of 75-100 studs.  Given some of the ships out there, it should probably be
over 100 studs at this point, but that would cut a lot of people out of • the
cap ship building realm.  My caps exceed 100 studs normally.

Can a 'capital ship' land on a planet?

I don't think it should be able to land.  That's what elaborate landing
craft are for.  As stated earlier, the energy costs are not worth the • effort.

In StarWars technology, they use repulsorlifts for planitary travel, and
sublight engines for space travel.  All a repulsor lift does is repulse
gravity.

--
Markham Carroll