 Space / 16906
Re: Defining the term "Capital Ship"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 13:16:22 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jude Beaudin writes:
For the sake of this discusion, all LEGO ships refered too should be minifig
scale.
These are all my answers.  Some of you may find them wrong, but this is how
I work.
What is the minimum length (studs) of a 'capital ship'? • Mine's 75 studs long, about 30 studs wide, and about 25 studs tall.

Can a 'capital ship' land on a planet?
Not actually land, it hovers above the ground using a special device called
a hover pad.

Can it take off again? • Yes.

Does a 'capital ship' have to carry smaller craft? • No, but it should carry escape pods :)

What functions can a 'capital ship' serve in? • Whatever you want...

What would be the minimum crew complement of a 'capital ship'? • I'd say 20.

Give some SF examples of 'capital ships'. • The Pillar of Autumn on the XBox game Halo, the Motherships on Homeworld

Have you built a 'capital ship'? • I'm ordering the pieces...

If so, please give a URL to some pictures.

Do you have any other questions to help define this term? If so, add them to
the list.

Thanks for contributing,

Jude

Welcome...