 Space / 16879
Re: Defining the term "Capital Ship"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 16:41:58 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jude Beaudin writes:
For the sake of this discusion, all LEGO ships refered too should be minifig
scale.

IMHO:

What is the minimum length (studs) of a 'capital ship'?

150

Can a 'capital ship' land on a planet?

No

Can it take off again?

Not applicable

Does a 'capital ship' have to carry smaller craft?

No

What functions can a 'capital ship' serve in?

Aerial bombardment of a planet, troop carrier, fleet defence, solar system
defense, fighter/bomber carrier, hospital ship, ground assault ship carrier,
deep space exploration

What would be the minimum crew complement of a 'capital ship'?

100

Give some SF examples of 'capital ships'.

Imperial Star Destroyer/Super Star Destroyer; Death Star; USS Enterprise
NC-1701A-E; Romulian Warbird; Klingon Battlecruiser/D-7 Cruiser

Have you built a 'capital ship'?

No

Thanks for contributing,

Jude

The opinions expressed herein are of only the host of this thread (me) and
do not represent the opinions of my sponsors or guests.

- Bob