 Space / 16952
Re: Defining the term "Capital Ship"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 2 Sep 2002 06:19:51 GMT

In lugnet.space, George Haberberger writes:
In lugnet.space, Wayne R. Hussey writes:
My "The Fifties" rocket ship might be classed capital. It is a fifties style
ship of exploration. Although the shell is complete in these pics,

the detailing is not:

Wayne,

Ooh, it's good to see your fifties ship again, and nice to see some more of
the details. Is it still in existence, have you gotten any farther?

Thanks,

George

Thanks, George. Yes, it still exists. Currently it is in need of some minor
reconstruction. I plan to show it at NWBrickCon - minus the detailing. That
is due to the fact that for the last several months I have been working on
my seven foot Washington State Ferry Boat. It is about 95% complete and will
be on display at the NWBC! It was originally put completely in MLCAD for
planning (and purchasing) puposes and I have been modifying the CAD as I've
been building. This way I can attach an EXACT piece count to it for the
guessing contest at NWBC. I can hint that the total will be in the
neighborhood of 30,000 pieces.

As for "The Fifties", I plan on rebuilding it completely after the con. But
I plan to use MLCAD to refine the structure and plan the decks and details.
What detailing I have done has been haphazard at best. Because I want to
'open it up', I need to make it structurally sound when opened. When I did
some of the work to open it already, I lost structural integrity and had to
stop. Also I have learned a couple of new techniques for making openings and
haven't had time to test and implement them. Thus, this year, there will be
little detailing. If all goes well, next year will be its Grand Debut.

Wayne