 Space / 15830
Re: Introducing the Moonbase Project (Super-Modules)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 21:46:12 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Jon Palmer writes:
I was going to wait for Chris Giddens to get home from vacation but I just
finished this page on his site (and I'm impatient) so I thought I'd unveil
it: http://www.classic-space.com/moonbase01.html

We've decided to allow any grey 32x32 baseplates.  However, any 32x baseplates
must be arranged in a 3x3 square.  A 96x96 "super-module" can have up to 8
corridor connections, but each and every one of the exterior corridors *must*
use the same specifications as for the 48x baseplate.  Thus, corridors should
take up the space between studs 20 and 28, or between studs 68 and 76, or both.
  If all you've got is 48x48 plates, don't feel left out from the super-module!
you can create the same size super-module using 4 48x baseplates arranged in a
square.
  A module doesn't have to be one big building, especially if you're working on
a super-module.   You can create your own corridors inside the module wherever
you like, but try to keep most of the stuff connected, or at least build some
airlocks.
--Bram

Bram Lambrecht
bram@cwru.edu